1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing toyota "T" off of wheel center cap

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by My big rig, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Aug 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    My big rig

My big rig [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Parker
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Speed Blue
    Tires, Nerf Bars
    Just painted my Tacoma trd rims, the Toyota logo is still on the rim center cap and was wondering if anyone has took the logo off. I want to put a TRD logo decal on the center cap but can't because of the logo. Thanks

2. Aug 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    im pretty sure it just pops off, take off the center cap and look inside. i think you just push in the little clips and it will come off.

3. Aug 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    The emblem is actually popped onto the center cap then the tabs on the back side melted. It's best to use a heat gun to melt the tabs off on the backside then pry it off with a flat tip, should come right off. If not then heat up the tabs some more. When re-applying just just gorilla glue super glue or something like that if there isn't enough plastic left to re-melt it. That's what I did for mine. By the way, you can get a decent heat gun at Oreilly's for like $20. Here's a picture of mine.

IMG_9696.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top