1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

removing uca bolt to install new uca's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by robert benner, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Feb 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I have that same set up since Nov 08. I have driven on everything from pavment, sand, to salted snowy roads. Have not squeaked yet. And this is just my opinion, but the Total Chaos UCAs are far better than the light racing ones.

2. Feb 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Not just opinion, they ARE much better. ;)

3. Feb 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    cool, I really would rather get the TC UCA's from everything I've read but that squeek thing had me second guessing. That's it then, TC UCA's, Icon coilovers and rear resi shocks with 1.5" deavers AAL. Then for some 32's with some real tread.

4. Feb 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Very nice setup.

5. Feb 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    They may be better but, 700 bones for UCAs is a bit much.:eek: Personally I am going to give the LR ones a shot, especially after reading the post in the vendor section about issues that have been fixed since the first batch went out. I mean $450 versus $650 - $700, I'll take my chances. I also like the fact that the ball joint is sealed. I don't need to add to the maintenance of the truck having an exposed ball joint. I will say though the original poster should be happy with the setup he picked.

:cheers:

6. Feb 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Uniballs dont need maintinance. They dont need to be "sealed", as they are a dry joint. Ball joints need to be sealed as they are packed in grease. ;)

7. Feb 17, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    What do ya know, I learned something new. Gotta love TW. Thanks for the clarification Chris.

Products Discussed in

To Top