1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replace Fogs with what Driving Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Benny, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    I am thinking about picking up an older ARB bumper without the fog light provision, and mounting it on my TRD sport. Problem is, I have to lose my fog lights unless someone has come up with an aftermarket provision that I haven't yet seen. That doesn't bother me much because there isn't all that much fog around here. What kind of driving lights can be powered through my existing wiring? What's a good choice in that department? I am wanting them for driving mountain roads at night, hunting, and generally being able to light up the night. Thanks.

Also, what's a good price to sell my stock bumper (silver) with fogs and not a scratch on it?

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I also have the ARB without the foglight recessions. I'm looking at mounting some aftermarket fogs, underneath my bumper. I'll be putting up pictures of the mounting location and what lights I pick up.

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Do you want fog lights or driving lights? If you're getting driving lights, mount them up high and get a driving light beam pattern, long range and concentrated. I've got PIAA 520's with the crystal ion lens and absolutely love them but there are plenty of options out there. If you want fogs, mount them low and get a lens with a fog pattern, short range and wide. There are also ATP lenses (all-terrain pattern) which are a mixture of the 2 beam patterns.

On the ARB, is there a place to mount lights on the top of the bumper? As far as mounting them below the bumper, it kind of defeats the purpose of a high clearance bumper having lights hanging below to get beat up.

Products Discussed in

To Top