1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacement bedsides?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redgrom, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jun 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Hello, thinking about the CBI rear bumper "Bushmaster 2.0" and chopping my bedsides. Now I have no plans to sell my truck any time soon but if I decided to down the line how hard is it to replace/ repair the bedsides to stock? I would probably save the old bumper and maybe even the sheet metal I would hack off if it would be possible for a body shop to weld back in at a later date if needed.
    I ask this because I chopped up a older nissan to fit a bumper and when I went to sell the truck the mods scared off quite a few buyers. Everything I have done to date on the taco could easily be removed and returned to stock but once the saw comes out thats a thing of the past.
    Anyone who has put their truck under the knife want to chime in? Also to date I have not landed on the rear sheet metal so I do not "need" more protection but only have to slip of a rock once to bend a bedside:)

2. Jun 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Great news for you. Since the beds are plastic, and the bedsides metal, they completely bolt on! They aren't welded at all. It's actually really easy to remove them So, if you were to sell it, you would have to put new bedside on which would probably run 500 each, plus paint. Unless you can find used ones.

3. Jun 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    EEtaco

EEtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    5100's @1.75
    It might be easier to put fiberglass bedsides on for your bumper if you don't want to cut the stock bedsides. That way when it comes time to sell just put the stock ones back on.

To Top