1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacement Interval for Transfer Case Fluid, Transmission Fluid ect. Official Documentation?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tunngavik, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Aug 6, 2022 at 8:04 PM
    Tunngavik

Tunngavik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Access Cab 6 speed manual
    KC-HiLites Fog Lamps, Kicker speaker and tweeter upgrade, USB in center console, Power tailgate lock, Soundproofing, 32" lightbar
    I'm looking for official Toyota documentation on the required intervals to change other fluids in the truck (i.e. not engine oil, brake fluid and coolant).

The Canadian owners manual provides clear information on when to change the engine oil and coolant. The Toyota Canada website (https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/owners/maintenance-schedule) provides information on when to change the brake fluid (every 36 months FYI)

The Toyota USA site has a maintenance guide but only provides the following guidance under "special operating conditions"

Additional Maintenance Items for Special Operating Conditions

Driving on dirt roads or dusty roads:
    Replace transfer case oil (4WD)

Driving while towing, using a car-top carrier, or heavy vehicle loading:
    Replace front differential oil (4WD)
    Replace manual transmission oil
    Replace rear differential oil
    Replace transfer case oil (4WD)

Perform these service items only if you drive primarily under the conditions indicated.
    I don't tow, load the vehicle excessively (the heaviest things I haul is a dirt bike or camping equipment), use a roof top carrier nor do I drive on dirt roads much (maybe 5%). I doubt if that means that I never have to change these fluids.

My wife's Volvo has all this information in her maintenance guides. Does anyone have any official documentation from Toyota when you have to change these fluids (aside from what I listed above) or point me in the right direction?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    Kodiak420 and bigmw like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top