1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing carpet with vinyl?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoBow, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow [OP] Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Curious if Toyota offers a moulded / direct fit, rubber / vinyl type floor covering that would allow the removal and replacement of the factory carpet in a 2nd generation TRD?

I'd certainly entertain buying it, if Toyota or another reputable company offered one... Weather Tech perhaps?

Anyone know of this or maybe has already done a floor covering swap with their trucks?

2. May 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    Gorilla_97

Gorilla_97 Once a gorilla always a gorilla

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 FJC Black Diamond
    Had this type of flooring in my old Ford Sportrac....best thing about the entire vehicle.

I'm really surprised more companies don't offer this from the factory. Carpet in a vehicle just doesn't make much sense to me.

3. May 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Bay Area, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, 285/70R16 KM2s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    I've definitely entertained this thought myself, found a few places google searching but I haven't been too serious into it yet. Sure would make cleaning out sand a ton easier.

4. May 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Weathertech or pulling the the carpet out and putting down something else are the only options I can think of.

Weathertechs cover the majorty of the carpet that gets messy, unless you spill something.
    or
    You can remove the carpet and use bedliner or some kind of epoxy...

5. May 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    '10 SSM 4x4 DC
    Custom bed mat, Demello Offroad Sliders, So Cal pin striping
    I'd love to have a rubber or vinyl floor in my Tacoma. This feature was the main reason I almost bought an FJ.

6. May 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Bay Area, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, 285/70R16 KM2s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.

More leaning towards the weathertechs, easier and quicker to remove and clean up. After seeing Oswego's pictures from when he removed his carpeting to clean it I'm going to stay away from trying anything fancy in there. Too much stuff for me to cover up and not enough time.

7. Jan 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Chrome don't get you home
    http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/toyota~mat~assy~floor~58510-04870-B2.html

I contacted support today to see if this fits? They dont know, as my 2012 is too new and theyre system does not recognize my Vin Number. Our carpet is part number
    58510-04A50-B0 I have a 2012 double cab, pre runner tacoma. Anybody know if this vinyl kit is a sure fit?

Hello Cain,

your VIN is too new for our website to decode. That is the reason why the website says your VIN cannot be found. The vehicle came with carpet part number 58510-04A50-B0. If you are trying to switch to vinyl, we cannot verify if it will work.

Regards,

Lawrencia G.

8. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    Cain

Cain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    Chrome don't get you home
    Anybody know?

9. Jan 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    Kirk1589

Kirk1589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Sticks-RI
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 Off-Road
    Pasti-Dip Grille, K&N drop-in, Magnaflow 14", Custom tail light mod, Fog light mod, diff vent mod, Alpine Components, Sequoia JBL radio
    I had this in my ranger. Try finding one and see if it will fit. May have to reshape with a heat gun

10. Jan 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    Door sil protectors, rubber bed mat, trimmed mud flaps, WeatherTechs, diff breather relocate, locking gas cap, lighted 4x4 switch, stock radio AUX adapt, eibach with 5100@0 with toytech top plate combo (2.5") suspension lift, arm rests re-upholstered, relentless fab bed bars, hidden cb radio set up, debadged, Total Chaos UCAs
    i dont see why it shouldnt fit. could you go to your dealership and ask to look at an older model tacoma (if they have one) to compare? or maybe another customer who is being serviced.

To Top