1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Rear Bumper, help please!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FLATaco06, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    FLATaco06

FLATaco06 [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 9'' Monster
    6'' Fabtech performance kit = 2k+ rear TSB springs = $0 Grillcraft grille = $150 5% tint = $110 Pioneer In-Dash DVD = $450 1 15" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer = $250 Hypertech Speedo Calibrator = $120 Scangauge II = $150 Smoked Tails and Blacked Headlights = $250 FSU Tag mod = $20 JBA Titanium Headers JBA Cat-back Exhaust EBC Sport Rotors Total Chaos UCAs Go Rhino Dominator II bars Calling it mine = Priceless ----------------------
    Well, long story short, my stock chrome bumper is trashed, and I want to replace it with a color matched oem bumper. I'm looking at http://www.discountbodyparts.com/ca...ue&Ntt=2005+Toyota+Tacoma+Bumper&dbpid=nextag

and just got off the phone with a sales associate whose first language definately isn't English, lol. I'm wanting to get the lacquer finish bumper and then have it painted to match my truck. The sales associate tried to tell me the lacquer finish won't work with my oem tow package, and since the chrome bumper is the OEM replacement for my SR5 that is the only one available for my truck....

She also said the base bumper is smaller than the SR5 Chrome one... true?

Any help figuring this out is appreciated. I just want a oem bumper that i can color match that is compatible with my tow pkg.

Thanks!

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    FlyingTaco

FlyingTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCSB SWB
    Trimmed mud-flaps, engine de-tick, FJ wheels, avid off road light bar(one of a kind), truck covers bed cover and decals by sockmonkey so far.....
    I'm pretty it's the same size. I looked into this a few months ago thru a bumper shop where I live and they could get a black one for me for about $200 that would match. I too have the SR5 w/ tow package.

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    Call some auto salvage yards around you, They may have one that matches in perfect shape. These trucks are so common now that there is bound to be someone who has been in a front end collision that has a good rear bumper it you get lucky it will be a color match. good luck.

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    FLATaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    6'' Fabtech performance kit = 2k+ rear TSB springs = $0 Grillcraft grille = $150 5% tint = $110 Pioneer In-Dash DVD = $450 1 15" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer = $250 Hypertech Speedo Calibrator = $120 Scangauge II = $150 Smoked Tails and Blacked Headlights = $250 FSU Tag mod = $20 JBA Titanium Headers JBA Cat-back Exhaust EBC Sport Rotors Total Chaos UCAs Go Rhino Dominator II bars Calling it mine = Priceless ----------------------
    I think they are the same too, the sales lady just wanted me to pay for the chrome I think, heh. Gonna be going with a custom paint job in the near future and just wanting to get all my body work done beforehand. They want $230 for the lacquer finish, which is a hell of alot cheaper than Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee quoted me. I've called around to a few salvage places in my area and the only tacomas I found were FUBAR, lol.

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    FlyingTaco

FlyingTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCSB SWB
    Trimmed mud-flaps, engine de-tick, FJ wheels, avid off road light bar(one of a kind), truck covers bed cover and decals by sockmonkey so far.....
    I've been to about a dozen salvage yards around here(GA) and nobody had 2nd gen tacomas. I wish I could find some.

6. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    Most of the good salvage yards wont let you walk around them, these are the one used by the insurance companies. You will have to look a little harder to find them and most of them can tell you who has the part if they dont. these yard at least in alabama have all there inventory on a computer they can tell you from the front desk what it is what color and the condition of the item then someone will go get it for you.

Its not like Pull-a-part.

7. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    FLATaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    Hmmm. Well anyone in Florida know a good state-wide salvage parts company? Thanks for the heads up guys.

8. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    PineBarrenTaco

PineBarrenTaco Active Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Super White TRD Off-Road
    Clear bra, TRD catback, TRD skid plate
  9. Oct 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    FLATaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info everyone. Havent decided what color I want to go with the truck, anyone have suggestions on good custom colors for our trucks? Im leaning towards a green or blue most likely.

10. Oct 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    olive green in a gloss is really rare and a stand out color in my opinion. Its different.

To Top