1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Research Paper on apft

Discussion in 'Military' started by Ryan16, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    Ryan16

Ryan16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD off-road
    like the title say's i need some input on it for my research paper it is based on how out dated and not job orientated any help would be great

thanks guys

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    junior07

junior07 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    J-Ville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra
    Honestly anything can be considered not job orientated but you need something that you are capable of examing performence for everyone. If I go up on a meritorious board they will probably not look at the quals I have for my job but look at the basic military appearence, knowledge and physical fitness. You may see it as out dated but there is a purpose even as trivial as it may be

3. Apr 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    ocherp

ocherp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 V6 4X4
    SDHQ built
    They are slowly phasing out the older APFT and introducing the new one, which consists of an obstacle course and pull-ups, etc. IMHO the old test was more for gauging someone's military appearance, because we all know, running two miles in PTs in nothing like running in full kit. Granted, nowadays some of the new privates coming in can't even pass this one, so I don't think it matters if it's combat related or not, being out of shape is the norm for most new privates which is completely unacceptable and pathetic if you ask me.

Products Discussed in

To Top