1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Resonator on an '02

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by logcabinwc, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Hey all, I have a quick questions. I have a second gen, but my brother has a first gen. When he bought it he put on a new muffler (I believe a flowmaster) he just had the shop point the exhaust straight down because he was too cheap to get the piping all the way to the back. Needless to say that thing is thunderingly loud, which he doesn't really like.
    1) Would adding a resonator after the muffler help with the sound
    2) What resonator would you suggest?
    3) What is the piping size? 3"?

If this works out I'll be getting him this as a birthday present... unless you all say this is pretty much stupid.

I do know that piping all the way to the back of the truck would help the most with sound so no need to throw that suggestion at me :)

Thanks for your help!

2. Jun 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top