1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: Falken Rocky Mountain MTS

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by devldogs55, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    devldogs55

devldogs55 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4 V6
    Well this is my attempt at a running review of these tires. What I bought today were the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires in 265/70/17. So far I have 50 miles on them and its all ideal condition highway driving with about 8-10 mi in town.

Just what I've seen today impresses me. I give them high marks for handling and quietness (can't hear em at any speed). I'll be trying them of road soon and this winter in the snow and ill re-post to this thread as new driving conditions are tested.

I've always loved BFGs and have the MT KM2s on my 4runner but I was looking for more mileage from my DD. I really wanted some BFG ATs as I'm very loyal to brands I like, but I decided to try something new (and less expensive) and so far I don't think it's bitten me in the ass. They're a good deal less expensive and are very aggressive for an AT. I've talked to people who like em so here goes nothing.

Stay tuned, folks

2. Oct 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    ElNacho

ElNacho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 SR5 Black
    Stock
    I picked up 4 of these as well. I ordered 265/75/16. They should be on my doorstep and on my truck tomorrow.

3. Oct 24, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    I have been considering these, although they are called Wild Peaks. Seems to be the same tire just a different name. Anyway, they are part of the Pep Boys buy 3 get the 4th free deal comes out to about $600 for a set in 265 75 16 flavor. The only thing holding me back is that they only come in E load and are heavy at 56 lbs a piece.

4. Oct 24, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    ElNacho

ElNacho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 SR5 Black
    Stock
    Yes, They are heavy. But ive heard nothing but good reviews about them. Closest pepboys to me is in Nashville (45 min). I ordered thru discount tire, got them for $161 each in 265/75/16.

To Top