1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by leveltwo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:32 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Is that an OEM mirror?

2. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM
    FishTacoTruck

FishTacoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Spruce Mica
  3. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Huh , I don't remember the tail on my mirror being so short

4. Dec 26, 2015 at 8:35 PM
    FishTacoTruck

FishTacoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Spruce Mica
    Yeah, the mount is sweet, just can't get enough wire to hide it and headliner is not even with were it is supposed to be..

5. Dec 27, 2015 at 4:41 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    I would contact Bobs mirrors @bobsmirrors.com - 219. 575. 9220. And ask him if he could make up a pig tail extension. Or a new longer lead going from the mirror up be hind the head liner. He's good people!

FishTacoTruck[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 27, 2015 at 2:15 PM
    Skywalker

Skywalker Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul

Member:
    Englewood
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad Doublecab
    Stock
    #1610 received, installed. Works great! Funds will be sent tomorrow. Thanks ImMrYo!

Soul Surfer likes this.
  7. Dec 27, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    Truck Yeah

Truck Yeah OK, maybe just 1 more...

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver TRD Sport Access Cab
    Toytec Boss 3" Lift, Dakar Leaf Pack, Light Racing UCAs, ECGS Bushing, 265/70R17 Duratracs, 17 x 9 Fuel Mavericks, Truxedo Low Pro QT, AntennaX 14" Billet, Weathertech Front Mats, Pop and Lock PL5400, OEM Chrome Exhaust Tip, OME Carrier Bearing Drop, OEM Bed Mat, NFab Textured Black Step Bars, OEM Mini Tie Down with Hooks, Tinted Front Windows, Stainless Steel Braided Rear Brake Lines, mattgecko Sliding Window Security Bar, OEM Black Badges, Depo Black Tail Lights, Winco Console Caddy, Turn Key Clamp Anti Theft Tailgate Mod, Devil Horns by Andres Diaz, Kenwood DDX672BH Receiver, Memphis Audio 6x9 Component Speakers in the Front Doors, Memphis Audio 6.5" 2 Way Speakers in the Access Cab Doors, Bazooka 6.5" Bass Tube, Kenwood Excelon XR900 5 Channel Amp, Custom Access Door Speaker Covers, Rokblokz Oversized Mud Flaps, Philips EcoVantage 750 Lumens GY6.35 Reverse Bulbs, ImMrYo Mirror Relocation Bracket, UltraGauge MX, SmittyBilt D Ring Shackle Hitch Receiver, BP Fabrications Front Recovery Bracket with D Ring Shackle Receiver, YotaMafia US Flag Decals, DirtyD510 Custom Weathertech TRD Decals, Plano Storage Full of Recovery Gear, Bed Storage Compartment D Rings, TRD Shift Knob, TRD Oil Cap TRD Radiator Cap, Amp Research Bed Extender, OEM Skid Plate, Rigid SR30 Lightbar in the Lower Valence with Rigid Mounts and a Mictuning Dash Switch, ACEkraut License Plate Relocation Bracket for the OEM Skid Plate, BumperPlugs, Rear Diff Breather Relocation Mod with Uni Breather, Redline Tuning Quicklift Hood Struts, Apex Fog Light Mounts with Cali Raised 18W Amber Pods, nd4spdbh Fog Light Anytime Mod, Wheelers Front Superbump Stops, Uni Breather Smog Air Pump Mod, tsumara Cup Holder, Bullaculla Trailer Plug Relocation Bracket, Salex Glove Box Organizer, Grid-It Center Console Lid Organizer
    I had the same issue. Not enough slack to hide the connectors in the headliner. I decided to use the plastic cover that I took off the base to hide the connector, and simply put it next to the ImMrYo bracket. Good enough for me. Besides, I can't see it while I'm driving.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  8. Dec 27, 2015 at 2:39 PM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    This is exactly how I did it.

Soul Surfer likes this.
  9. Dec 27, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    Teksen

Teksen Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Seabrook
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB
    Got mine in recently and installed today. Awesome product. Check is in the mail.

Soul Surfer likes this.
  10. Dec 28, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    jeff_taco_4x4

jeff_taco_4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    16' 4x4 Sport DCSB w JBL, MGM
    ummm. Like my last Tacoma, got a metal button from a window shop (free) and got some special button glue from auto part store (3 bucks) and glued the button right above the factory button. works good and the old button cannot be seen.

11. Dec 28, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    For sure your way works, but this is a well made alternative for someone that wants a cleaner look.
    Plus, @ImMrYo has the most unique business practice, which made buying the mount even that much better. I'd happily pay $22 more for this mount.

12. Dec 30, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    1911guy

1911guy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Stock
    I must be doing something wrong. I have "Pinched" the plastic cover very hard and nothing seems to happen, the plastic cover doesn't even seem to give at all. I have tried gripping it several different ways, applied pressure away from the windshield, and tried prying at the slot at the bottom of the base which seems to want to move the entire unit; not just the cover. Any suggestions? Thank you.

13. Dec 31, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    1911guy

1911guy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Stock
    OK, I got it now. I went back out today to take another crack at it and the cover popped off right away. (I must of been tired yesterday or something :confused:). After that it was all very easy! I thought I would post a few pictures for those who have the "Clip On" type mirror.

Here is a close up of the mirror base and cover as if you were looking at it through your windshield:
    You can see the plastic tabs with three ribs on the left and right sides, which hold the cover onto the base.

This image shows one of the Cover Tabs removed from the base:

This Shows both tabs and the cover off of the base. There are two heavy round wire springs which apply tension to the metal mount, then in the lower center you can see the plastic tab which holds the mirror base to the Metal Windshield mount.

Here is another view of the cover free from the mirror base:

And a final view of the Mirror on the new Mount, raising it to just below the Headliner.

I love this! Extremely well made, simple, and an elegant solution to a problem for many of us! I would highly recommend that everyone get this from ImMrYo! Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    TRDSport10 and Soul Surfer like this.
  14. Jan 4, 2016 at 8:52 PM
    Leppz

Leppz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Sport Premium
    From PM to doorstep in just under 2 weeks with shipping to Canada. Great quality and packing, installed in 5 minutes. The directions he mailed out with it made it super easy.

Glad to knock this simple but "must have" mod off the list.

Soul Surfer and Protosimian like this.
  15. Jan 4, 2016 at 8:56 PM
    Protosimian

Protosimian Headbanger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Sport
    Dents and scratches, and other stuff.
    Sweet. I've been out of town, so our mail has been on hold. Maybe mine is already here, just waiting to be delivered (Ft. Mac, AB).

Edit: Bracket has arrived. Hope to install tonight.
    :fingerscrossed:

Edit 2: Install done. Looks OEM, great improvement to visibility. I still need to hunch a little, and look under the mirror in certain situations, but before the mod, in those situations I would alternate between looking under and over the mirror in rapid succession (freakishly long torso, neck...).

Initially, when I thought I had finished install, I had a lot of play in the bracket. I had actually under torqued the screws (paranoid). Snugged every thing up, nice and tight. Also started out a little too timid in tucking cable/connector into headliner. Again went at it with a tiny bit more oomph, and bingo.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Soul Surfer likes this.
  16. Jan 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    Yukon Yak

Yukon Yak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Whitehorse, Yukon Canada
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Access Cab Trails Team
    BFG KO2 285/75R16 OME 886/Dakars Rotopax Pelfreybilt Aluminum Front/Rear HC with gate Dual Batteries Rigid fogs, 20 inch spot/flood, SQR back up Cobra 75, 3' fire stick Custom Storage/Dog Platform in Cab Allpro Apex sliders Allpro Apex Aluminium Pack Rack Allpro Aluminium Gear Rack
    Well holy crap, so much talk about how awesome this, I was hesitant thinking I was being up sold... DEAR GOD how did I drive my truck before installing this. What a great mod!!! I'm 6'1" and I'm not stooping and trying to look around the mirror anymore.

1911guy, TRDSport10, Nickel and 2 others like this.
  17. Jan 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    rtrudel35

rtrudel35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Becky
    Middleton, NH
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner

When my windshield was replaced I just informed the technician of the bracket and left him the little wrench included for the initial installation. He transferred the bracket with no problem.

TRDSport10 likes this.
  18. Jan 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM
    Chephie

Chephie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    OME884/5100's Wheelers Progressive AAL LR UCA's 265/75/16 Duratrac Method NV wheels Color matched grille surround ImMrYo rear view mirror relocation bracket Avid slider/steps
    First post here on TW. Received #1633 today and just finished installing, very straightforward. Excellent product and the check is in the mail. Many thanks...

Soul Surfer likes this.
  19. Jan 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM
    JasonU71

JasonU71 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    displaced in Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Icon Extended Coilovers, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Icon 2.0 rears, Wheelers 3 leaf AAL, WeatherTech mats, ARB Front Bumper, IPF Dual Beam lights, JBL amp and speakers
    Another satisfied customer. Easy install and a quality product. If you haven't already received payment you should in the next day or two. Thanks again.

Soul Surfer likes this.
  20. Jan 27, 2016 at 3:30 PM
    mgillie

mgillie New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab
    Bilstein and Blocks
    Hello, brand new to the site. I would like to know how to get one of these if still available.

Products Discussed in

To Top