1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review Magnaflow 15811 cat back exhaust 01-04 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Itchyfeet, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Jul 20, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've had this exhaust for just over two years. It came well packaged. I like the way it sounds. The install was easy. I'd like to say that overall I was pleased, but I'm not. The exhaust had fitment issues from day one. When I installed the exhaust the clearance was really tight in two spots. The back mudflap bracket has maybe a 7/16th clearance between the exhaust pipe. The frame cross member as shown this video has always been tight when it comes to the intermediate pipe. It's a 1/4 inch at best, but was doable. I now find myself having to adjust the clearance every few weeks and it doesn't last long. I'm assuming it has something to do with thermal cycles and the intermediate pipe being bent wrong to start with. The back half of the exhaust is starting to rust badly. I'm sure there will be doubters, but this exhaust at best guess has 1500 miles on it which I can prove with a dated title and milage and my current Toyota service history.

I have reached out to Magnaflow and have met with no response. I took matters into my own hands last week and ended up bashing in the intermediate pipe with a hammer to get some clearance. I'm at a loss as what the proper fix will be. I might sell the truck in six months and the added benefit of having a stainless exhaust in a northern climate is pretty much null and void. If someone from Magnaflow wants to reach out to me they're more than welcome.

The truck this is installed on is a 2004 SR5 4WD extended cab with the V6, California emissions and factory cats

https://youtu.be/PCfN7bsM1xA

Products Discussed in

To Top