1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Richloam WMA Info & Meet Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Taco No Baka, Sep 20, 2013.

1. May 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka [OP] Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    I'd hate more to be going through a deep water crossing and end up with the fan tearing up the good radiator. Besides, I'll be bringing my jug of water, Kyle's jug of water, and Lee M has a jerry can of water, so if it did start leaking, I think we'd have it covered, haha. I did wheel all day at Citrus and then drove all the way home with it leaking and the gauge never went over half way...and that was with the A/C running the whole time.

I'm kind of wondering if you can lead solder aluminum. Not that I know how to lead solder, but I might try giving it a shot if I knew it could be done.

2. May 20, 2018 at 2:55 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Well, I did some research and I found three options for repairing the radiator.

Option 1: (The most professional way) I can aluminum solder it with an aluminum solder rod and a burns-o-matic.

Option 2: (Not quite as professional, but not ghetto) They have this plastic rod called Stik-tight that you plastic solder the holes with. Seems to work according to the vid I saw and the follow up comments after a year.

Option 3: (The Ghetto way) Pack the area around the holes with JB Weld.

I may go with any of them, but I'm going to take the radiator out and see how extensive the damage is. It can't be too bad because it was only dripping out.

Trd sport tacoma likes this.
  3. May 20, 2018 at 5:02 PM
    Trd sport tacoma

Trd sport tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    i’m definitely planning on going!

TacoTRD78 and NABeast[QUOTED] like this.
  4. May 20, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Rgr that, but unforunately for you and Thorny Mike, unless you hit the trails with your trucks, you don't get knighthood status. You can still be part of the Fellowship, but you just have to be squires. :rofl:

(Although, I might have to give Thorny Mike honorary knighthood after that performance he put on at the last Fall Camp & Ride. That was hardcore.)

5. May 20, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Lol,I’m sure if thorny mike rides shotgun with you then I’ll ride shotgun with @NABeast or one of the other guys :anonymous:

NABeast likes this.
  6. May 20, 2018 at 5:29 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Which ever. You guys could have a fist fight to see who rides right seat in the OGT. :rofl:

J/K. I don't really have a preference. You usually get right seat, but both trips we've had to Richloam, @Thorny Mike has had my right seat, so it's kind of tradition, so it's up to you two.

7. May 20, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Haha no problem we’ll figure it out:)

8. May 20, 2018 at 5:37 PM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Btw,never been out there before so it’s looking interesting :mudding:

9. May 20, 2018 at 6:05 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    It's very different from Citrus. Some people like that, some don't. @Rattletrap66 hates the place. I'm not as fond of it as I used to be, but it was what I was raised on. My old man too me out there when I was 14 to start teaching me to drive. That was a trip since he had an old F150 4WD at the time with a clutch pedal that took about a 100 lbs to press. And me being a runt, we had to stick a toolbox between me and the seat back for me to have enough leverage to push in on the clutch. Good times. :rofl:

So it will always have a soft spot in my heart, even if I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

(It's also the place I learned not to do stupid shit like I did yesterday morning, so I guess I'm overdue to head back out there for a reminder, haha.)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  10. May 20, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Well as of right now I won't be able to make it due to my work schedule so the seat is his but I'm gonna try to switch weekends with someone to hopefully make it out

11. May 21, 2018 at 2:56 AM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Yeah from the stories I’ve heard and a few videos I’ve seen it’s very different from citrus...a lot wetter! and it’s looking like the rainy season is kicking in lol

12. May 21, 2018 at 2:57 AM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    Hopefully you can swing this :thumbsup:

13. May 21, 2018 at 7:09 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Just to let you guys know, I want to have a little driver's meeting before we hit the trails out there. I have some ideas that might help streamline recoveries and I wanted to go over some dos and don'ts that most of us probably already know but it wouldn't hurt to recap.

And it's looking like it might be a little wetter than I anticipated, judging by the amount of rain Mr. Osterberg is predicting over the next few weeks.

14. May 22, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    Manwho

Manwho Still ignoring the voices in my head

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    15 a/c sport 4x4 884/ bilstien front OME Dakar/Nitro-charger sport
    87 4runner 2in B/L N' shit 96 4runner back burner project
    I used the aluminum solder from bernzomatic a couple years ago to repair my A/C condenser on the 4runner. I was actually somewhat surprised it held a vacuum when I reassembled everything, but it worked fine.
    The Package came with 2 sticks and I still have 1 1/2 so if your damage isn't too bad let me know and I will get some to you.

15. May 22, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Cool, thanks. I finally got the interior back together, sans carpeting, so now I can concentrate on the other problems. Need to wash the truck (because working on a dirty truck with dirt falling in your face sucks) and then I need to get my new CV ordered from NAPA and while I'm waiting on that I might yank the rad...oh and I need to stop by Toyota and pick up a jug of antifreeze and Walmart for some distilled water. Hopefully the non-potable Citrus well water won't gum too much up before I flush it out.

Trd sport tacoma and LMarshall73 like this.
  16. May 22, 2018 at 10:41 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    You know, everytime I listen to the weather lately with the issues they are having on the Alafia, I beginning to think we might need a Plan B. The first time I took the OGT to Richloam, it was too wet and we ended up going to Citrus instead (my first trip to Citrus too). I'm not sure how you guys that are coming from a long way away feel about it, but I'm thinking Plan B could either be Red Rock or ONF. ONF might be slightly farther away, but not enough to make a difference. Plus if we manage to have @Thorny Mike with us, he can be the trail guide.

Edit: Redrock is about 10 miles north of Citrus off US41. ONF is about a 2.5 hour drive for me from the house, but I'm guessing it'd be a much shorter drive from Ridge Manor (CR471 & SR50).

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    NABeast and Trd sport tacoma like this.
  17. May 23, 2018 at 3:01 AM
    Trd sport tacoma

Member:
    I’m down for wherever we go although I must say that I haven’t been to ONF since 03 with my younger cousin so I’m gonna say it’s changed ALOT since then ;)

18. May 23, 2018 at 4:03 AM
    LMarshall73

LMarshall73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Cocoa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    ONF sounds like a good plan B. I've never been off of 40 through there. Either way, I'm camping, so I'll keep my site at Green Swamp just in case.

19. May 23, 2018 at 4:26 AM
    NABeast

NABeast Un-Sub’d

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 4wD
    ImMrYo mirror bracket. A/C, P/W, PDL, Tilt, Cruise, AM/FM CD
    I’m liking this plan better. I don’t drive a submarine or a swamp buggy.

Trd sport tacoma and TacoTRD78 like this.
  20. May 23, 2018 at 4:49 AM
    TacoTRD78

TacoTRD78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stuart,fl
    Vehicle:
    15 tacoma trd off road
    4X Innovations Sliders Tech deck Bilstein 5100's OME 885 CB radio install Rear diff breather mod After market front bumper lights Redline hood struts Shorty antenna door seal protectors Glove box/ Center console motion light Trailer harness plug relocation mod/Edit SOS HC rear bumper Ditch mount Lights with CBI brackets morimoto fog lights
    ONF has a lot of trails some are pretty narrow. There are tons of places to camp shit we can even shoot some guns.

LMarshall73 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top