1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ride quality questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 2011BlackTaco, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    2011BlackTaco

2011BlackTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner
    6 inch Pro Comp lift kit, 18" XD Monster rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Smittybilt black step bars
    I had a 6" pro comp lift kit put on my truck before i joined this forum to find the other ways to lift my truck. I dont do a ton of off roadin in this truck i try to use other toys when i go muddin and crawlin to have fun. Since i installed the 6 inch kit the rear of the truck is extremely stiff!!!!!! i hit bumps and the whole truck jumps.

Would installing new rear resi shocks improve the ride quality of am i completely out of luck for getting the ride quality back until the rear leafs get worn out ?? Im looking to improve this in anyway i can, the front is still comfortable. I have heard great things about billies, fox, and icon but i dont know which if any would help. :help::help::help:

2. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I am scraping my whole procomp 3" lift for billies all the way around,spidles,and an expo pack with flip kit.

3. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    k9cop, if you're thinking you're going to have a smooth ride with the expos, you might be wrong...iirc, some of the peeps running expos say the ride is very stiff...unless there's a load on your bed...ie a cap, or carry shit on a daily basis...I don't know what your intentions are for the expos, and someone with expos might chime in and give me a jab saying they're a super sweet ride...i don't have them, but i believe that's what i've read around here..research it.

4. Feb 24, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    00yotasr5

00yotasr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lee
    merced, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 4X4 RED DEVIL
    Icon ext travel expo leafs rear billies 5125 10'' travel bamf bpv relocate Brute Force Fab Sliders allpro ss brake lines f/r LR UCA 22in wetokled bar RAT Products ifs skid ARB rear locker Ultra gauge Redline Hood Struts Blue Sea Fuse box smittybilt xrc 9.5 w/TJM synthetic rope trail-gear rock assault low profile bumper LED bed strip 12v/usb charger in truck bed
    just install my expo and wow what a lift:). weight wise i have a cap on (damn shit is heavy) and it really doesnt help out the ride. its stiff but then again i have a 00yota sr5 V6 4x4 if this makes any difference. i got the expo because of camping/fish/hunting. like markmatters said it will be stiff if you dont got heavy stuff back there. i recommand the 3 inch if u dont plan to load heavy stuff

Products Discussed in

To Top