1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ride Quality /suspension options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mts, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    mts

mts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport-TRD Supercharger
    I've got a 2007 Sport Edition that I've had for a few months now (26k miles on it). I use the truck probably 85% on the street, 10% for towing and 5% for very light off-road. As a result I'm looking for some suggestions for a liveable street suspension for the truck. The stock suspension feels bouncy and basically unsettled all the time. I knew this when I got it, but it's gone from a little annoying at first to down right irritating after a few months.

I'm not looking to lift the truck at all, just get a combo that feels a little more solid in daily driving. Not sure if the non-sport trucks got a different set-up from the factory that I might consider? What other options are there out there for a non-lifted mostly street set-up?

Thanks in advance.

2. Feb 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Look up in the blue bar...towards the right. Use the 'Search' feature.

THere's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many threads about lifts already. That information is waiting for you at your fingertips - you just have to search for it. It's easy...and you don't have to wait for someone to respond do you.

3. Feb 28, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    mts

mts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport-TRD Supercharger

I know, but I don't really want to lift the truck at all. Perhaps that's not an option with the aftermarket stuff available? I like the OME stuff, but everything I've seen indicate they are all lift kits of some sort.

I'll dig around some more.

4. Feb 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Are you still under warrantee by chance? If yes...then I would contact your dealer about the leaf spring TSB. If you're lucky, they won't give you any hassles and will install them for free.
    http://www.lieblweb.com/images/tacoma/LeafSpringTSB.pdf

But, if you're out of warrantee....they will charge you parts & labor. Or - shop around, maybe you can find a set for fairly cheap, I'm not sure.

Shop around...see if anyone on this forum has the TSB springs for sale. Perhaps someone had them and took them off when they put another leaf pak in.

Otherwise....I haven't seen too many 'stock' aftermarket replacement leafs.

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    intense

intense Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD '07
    ASE Dry, Carbon filter removed, Grillcraft, 5100's. Low Pro Ameriweld box black powder. Tint / Vent Visors. Textured Black skid plate. Husky Liners. Design Seat Covers
    5100 front only will level perfectly set at 1.75 and will steer like a corvette, i just installed all 4, you will notice better handling, although it will stiffen the ride a good bit !

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Icons, Bilstein 5100, Rear Leaf TSB, 17x9 American Racing Chamber Teflon, 275/70/17 Goodyear
    if you don't want to lift it, but the bilstein 5100 and set them at 0. You will be GOOD TO GO.

To Top