1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ride Rite schrader valve location

Discussion in 'Towing' started by L J, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:00 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    I could afford it too, but I'm glad I didn't. My trailer is tounge heavy but not real heavy overall, so just keeping the bags at 8-10lbs is perfect and I can drive it all winter like that. So I would have spent all that money to air it up once a season. No thanks.

2. Mar 13, 2017 at 6:51 AM
    L J

L J [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport DCLB
    Same for me. I'm not hauling any really heavy loads. Mostly just tugging a 5x10 enclosed trailer around. When I decided to get air bags I spent weeks researching them and had a parts list that had far exceeded just the kit from Firestone. I was ready to upgrade my alternator, add a extra battery and do all sorts of custom mounting and what not while it was in the planning stage. I like to work on my truck but I do have a day job still so I cut it back to just what was really needed and got it installed.

3. Mar 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM
    L J

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Well I didn't like the gauges mounted inside that small storage box. I removed them for now and am looking for a better spot. I did find a place for the schrader valves. Here's a pic of the drivers side.IMG_1848.jpg

4. Mar 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    L J

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    This is where I mounted the gauges. I tapped into the parking lights for illumination as I was already using that circuit for the cap's dome light. Used a two inch hole saw to cut into the bed. Now I can reach the inflation valves by just opening the rear window of the cap. At night the light from the gauges shines on the valves.IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

Bobcdn likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top