1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Right to Fly Flag

Discussion in 'Military' started by dhurley, Dec 3, 2009.

?

What should he do?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2010.
  1. Screw them & leave it up

142 vote(s)
    90.4%
  2. Take it down & shove it up their a**

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Other (be creative)

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Dec 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Sold my truck Jan '13... Still hang around.
    +100000

2. Dec 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Yes it is over and that's good but the sad thing is there is always another one. Before this there was the Bank of America debacle. When will people learn that there is nothing wrong in being proud of our country and our flag. If anyone is offended by our flag then they don't need to be here and need to leave.

3. Dec 30, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    'bullshit'

x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000..............

4. Dec 30, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    would a POLE that is flying an AMERICAN flag be that aesthetically displeasing???

if all the neighbors agreed that they didnt mind i bet they still would disagree with it. this is one of those ACLU movement type things sweeping the nation.

Yes i know, there has to be a limit because then you could have someone wanting to stand up a pole that is 5ft in diameter or sometihng crazy like that but i am willing to bet that this is NOT and eyesore. i'm just saying that this is the type of thing that this country is going to lose itself too!

Non american is the key word here. Is anyone here really a NON american? unless you are an illegal i guess.

5. Dec 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    There is a pic in one of the links to the articles referenced in some earlier posts. It is modest & does NOT overpower the house in any way & is not junky looking at all nor any hazard to air traffic. If anything I'd pay more for his house than the ones around it without the flagpole. It is nowhere near any property devaluating thing at all.

6. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    GREENMACHINE

GREENMACHINE Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Calvin
    Newport, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 DOUBLE CAB 4X4 LONG BED SR5 SPORT
    Old Man Emu 3" lift/level kit w/ Dakar Leaf Springs, Husky floor mats, heavy duty horse stale mat cut to fit truck bed, goodyear All-Terrain wrangler, Maglite mod holder on driver seat, Magnaflow 18" muffler, mounted fire extinguisher, shovel, and ax in bed. Consel vault, grillcraft grill w/ relocation of horns, debadged, backup lights, Best Top Super Topper.
    There is NOT a single ribbon, medal, or award that is ever "won"! Especially a Medal of Honor recipient!

7. May 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    davestaco

davestaco TW's number one gear whore

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Schofield Barracks
    Vehicle:
    00' tacoma xtra cab trd v6 4x4
    I live not far from where this all went down. For christs sake let the man fly his flag. he is a fucking medal of honor recipient. I really dont think anyone knows what that mean anymore. I would be honored to shake hands with this man and tell him thank you. If you find the american flag offensive you can get the fuck out of the USA!!! im sick of hearing political bull shit every where. this man deserves more than any one to fly his flag and fly it proud.

To Top