1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RIP Chester Bennington lead singer of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Music' started by tcBob, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM
    kgarrett11

kgarrett11 Master Yoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    CA desert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB
  2. Jul 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Unless you've been utterly depressed; you can't really know the pit of helplessness you can find yourself in. Breathing seems like chore. Part of you can want all the help in the world, but asking for it, or even accepting it can be impossible. I don't say this to be mean or exclusive. Rather, I'm happy you have no idea how these guys with everything can commit suicide. It means you've never been down that dark rabbit hole.

3. Jul 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I respectfully disagree. Otherwise you would not have said you have no more sympathy. Everybody is different. These aren't people who are doing it to get attention. They're quite famous, they don't need attention. This is a serious mental disorder that rivals any physical malady.

4. Jul 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM
    Lord Humongous

Lord Humongous The Ayatolah Of RockNRolla

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Inferno 3rd gen trd offroad 4x4
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/lord-humongous-gigahorse-build.436524/
    Way to leave your six kids with out a dad dirtbag. I feel for his family

5. Jul 20, 2017 at 2:29 PM
    JaBoudy

JaBoudy Accidental Thread-Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 Tacoma 4x4 v6 5 spd 321k miles.
    -Fabtech 6" in front, OME/Toytec 5" rear with Dakar leafs. -Deck plate mod -Chassis Unlimited front bumper -Badlands 12k winch -33x12.50x15 BFG KO2's -15x10 American Racing AR-23's -Audio System -Kenwood Receiver -Powerbass PS12 -Rockford Fosgate R1 -Bridged Concept 65.4 Amplifier -Polk Audio component 5.5" door and 1" tweeter speakers -Polk Audio crossovers -JL Audio rear 6.5" speakers -Black-housed headlight with Amber SMD halo ring. -Exhaust Setup -2.5'' Pipe, cut cats, 18" MagnaFlow, dumped at the rear bumper.
    There's definitely different extents of depression. I've dealt with varying levels myself and the only thing that kept me going is that there's no reset button. For some, that's not enough. Everyone handles things differently and there's no "blanket solution."

6. Jul 20, 2017 at 3:29 PM
    Jerry311SD

Jerry311SD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    2019 tacoma TRD Quicksand
    KDMaxx tune K&N drop in AFE catback Oil catch can Bill's 6112/5160 Dynomat whole inside of cab TRD skid plate
    I won tickets to a linkin park show

Adema opened for them, then Cypress hill came out and was bitchin
    Linkin park came out We only stayed for 4 songs and left. The only concert I ever walked out of. it was the worst crap i have ever heard.

ChadsPride likes this.
  7. Jul 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Sounds like you're helping as much as you can. Some parents don't understand, or even refuse to understand, the situation at all.

8. Jul 20, 2017 at 3:46 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    the first one of these that really shook me was Shannon Hoon. Layne Staley was tough too. for some dark humor with my friends we used to joke about when it was going to be Scott Weiland's time.

shouldering the challenge of balancing fantastic skill of expression and reconciling the shit things in this world. RIP Bennington.

Krazie Sj and ChadsPride like this.
  9. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:10 PM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    A little background from Wikipedia...

Bennington's parents divorced when he was 11 years old, and his father gained custody of him.[5] After the divorce, Bennington started abusing marijuana, alcohol, opium, cocaine, methamphetamine,[6][8] and LSD.[5] He eventually overcame his drug addiction, and would go on to denounce drug use in future interviews.[9]

In an interview, Bennington revealed that he suffered sexual abuse from an older male friend when he was seven years old.[10] He was afraid to ask for help because he did not want people to think he was gay or lying, and the abuse continued until the age of 13.[5] The abuse and situation at home affected him so much that he felt the urge to kill and run away.[5] To comfort himself, he drew pictures, and wrote poetry and songs.[5] Later, he revealed the abuser's identity to his father, but chose not to continue the case after he realized the abuser was a victim himself.[8]

DustStorm4x4 and ChadsPride like this.
  10. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I saw the newsflash for this just before getting on a plane, so I couldnt read what happened.

Sad to hear. Always thought he had an amazing voice. Shadow of the day comes to mind where he was singing softly.

11. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    MaidenTheTrooper

MaidenTheTrooper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 2.7
    So far wheels & tires
    Drugs, alcohol & depression are a mutha fucker.

12. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM
    Guns 'n Tacos

Guns 'n Tacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Right in the childhood... Hybrid Theory stayed in the CD player of my 1996 Taurus for months at a time.

13. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Hybrid theory is one of the 6 discs (yes i still use cds) in my cd player right now. Has been in there for months.

14. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM
    Silverspool

Silverspool Come at me Bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    18T4RORP 16MX5Turbskie 17GT350
    Anyone seen my wallet?
    RIP bruh

ChadsPride likes this.
  15. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM
    Tatts521

Tatts521 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma-00 honda accord-04cbr1000rr-22ktm890duke R-19 wr450f-98rm250
    Damn this sucks

Jerry311SD and ChadsPride like this.
  16. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    Bummer RIP Chester :pout:
    Linkin Park one of my favorites

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  17. Jul 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM
    hoverlover

hoverlover Never pet a burning dog.

Member:
    C-137, Laniakea, Virgo, Milky Way, Earth, USA, TX
    Vehicle:
    Things. Stuff. Lots of bad decisions.
    Mostly Zip-Ties
    Saw them live in Japan a few years back, hell of a show. Been a fan since hybrid theory. Sad to hear this.

Blue skies and fair winds, Chester. You will be missed.

18. Jul 20, 2017 at 10:33 PM
    2000man

2000man The Church Of @ODNAREM San Diego Chapter 1904

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    SDMF CA
    Vehicle:
    Shadow 4x4
  19. Jul 21, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    This makes it even more of a sad story

Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband

UPDATE: 1:12 am EDT – Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Ann Bentley took to Twitter once again early Friday, moments after deleting her tweets in which she confessed to cheating on her husband with bandmate Mike Shinoda.

In the latest tweet, Talinda said she “encouraged him to kill himself I told him no one cared.”

Original Story:

In a shocking turn events in the apparent suicide of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, his wife Talinda Ann Bentley confessed on Twitter that she was cheating on her husband with band member Mike Shinoda.

"I guess this is the time to say it but I have been cheating on Chester with Mike Shinoda....," Talinda wrote. "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say," she said in another tweet. However, the tweets were immediately taken down.

Read: Who Is Talinda Ann Bentley?

It is unclear whether Bentley's messages were an emotional outburst or if her Twitter account was hacked.

[​IMG]Screenshot of Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Bentley's now-deleted tweets. Photo: Twitter screenshot

Bennington's wife not only revealed that she was cheating on her 41-year-old husband but also fuelled rumors about his untimely death. “He didn’t kill himself, he was already did [sic] before he hung himself, I have proof..,” she wrote.

Bennington hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, California, where his body was found. He is survived by his six children, Jaime, with former girlfriend Elka Brand, adopted son Isaiah, son Draven with first wife Samantha Marie Olit, and children Tyler Lee and twins Lily and Lila with his second wife, Talinda.

Mike Shinoda, an original founder of the band in 1996, is married to author Anna Hillinger since 2003 and the couple have two children together. The 40-year-old had earlier paid tribute to the late singer, saying he was "shocked and heartbroken" by Bennington's death.

Shinoda produced and co-wrote much of Linkin Park’s music and was also part of the band's latest album, “One More Light,” which was released May 19. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Shinoda has not yet responded to Talinda's tweets or about the alleged cheating.

Talinda's now-deleted tweets early Friday were the first time she spoke out following the death of her husband, who had been fighting drug and alcohol abuse. While the tweets did raise some eyebrows, it is unclear if there was any conspiracy behind his death.

Read: Chester Bennington’s Wife Talinda Bentley Tweets He ‘Didn’t Kill Himself’

Bennington got involved with drugs before he was a teenager. “I started using drugs when I was 11,” he had said previously. “I definitely wasn’t making records at that time. I was exposed to it really young and there were a lot of things that happened to me as a young person that were really difficult for me to deal with. I found myself alone a lot.”

This is a developing story.

20. Jul 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    If it's true and her account wasn't hacked.

Edit: The couple was also a part of a hack when the married some years ago.

ChadsPride likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top