1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ripped CV Boots

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by twfsa, May 28, 2012.

1. twfsa

twfsa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    How much lift do you have, those of you that are ripping CV boots, and are you off roading,V/S mall crawlers.

2. 04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 double cab
    Xm radio,wet oakley seat covers front and back, 2 8inch subs, 20% tint, king coil overs, alcan leaf springs, 16 inch Dick Cepek DC-1's, 265 75 16 nitto terra grapplers
    about 3 inches and they rip about every 3 months, you can do the boot slide mod but dont streatch them too far or they would rip like mine did. and its a mall crawler, i put on about 1000 miles a week cause of work

3. twfsa

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Are you replacing them with OEM or aftermarket? I installed 881's and set the 5100's to 0 and no issues knock on wood.

I am not sure how much lift I achieved but measured the front Driver side ( center ) from floor to bottom of flare 37" passenger side 38" 265/70r16 tires. Don't see any serious rubbing a little maybe from cornering.

You put on miles in one month that takes me all year.

4. 04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 double cab
    Xm radio,wet oakley seat covers front and back, 2 8inch subs, 20% tint, king coil overs, alcan leaf springs, 16 inch Dick Cepek DC-1's, 265 75 16 nitto terra grapplers
    ya im a heavy equipment operator and my job has me travling all over ohio, but ill put up a few pics of what i have going
    and no i am using aftermarket ones from auto zone. Please keep in mind this pic was taken in the dead of winter and the rust looks like shit:mad:! lol it has been taken care ever since than all nice and powerwashed and coated with oil lookin like new!;)

half shafts.jpg

5. 04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 double cab
    and the top is a boot slide mod fail

6. twfsa

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    The angle pretty steep, thanks for the pic.

7. SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Matte Black custom paint
    i have the eibach/bilstein combo and after the initial lift some grease did squeeze out. at first i thought i tore the boot, but after a closer inspection it was just excess grease oozing out from the steep angle. i added a hose clamp with padding around the boot to tighten things back up and it hasn't leak since. i've also gone wheeling about 4 times since the lift and the boots have held up.

8. mixaro

mixaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    man i do some mild wheeling, and i seem to be blowing through boots like every couple of months, but the weird thing is that it's just the driver side, and that is a whole cv i got from napa. i did the boot slide mod and it didn't help. My passanger side is the stock toyota one and it still fine.

To Top