1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Bikes

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by squad314, May 10, 2010.

1. May 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Any Roadies on here? I love Mountain biking it's one of my favorite things to do but I enjoy road biking too. I just bought a leftover '09 Specialized Roubaix Comp to compliment my '09 Stumpy FSR Comp. I traded an '05 S-Works Tarmac against it and I'm very happy. (minty fresh in photo, still has the stickers on it.):eek:

Let's see 'em......

[​IMG]

2. May 10, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    [​IMG]

I've got a '09 Scott CR1 Comp

3. May 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Very nice........I don't see many Scott's around here because there isn't a dealer local. The one's I have seen however at races and such are beauties.

4. May 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    Yea Scott makes a good bike for the price. When I was shopping for my race bike I must have ridden 10 bikes or so, but the Scott was one of the best I rode. The frame is very stiff and makes climbing and sprinting easy. I've thrown the bike in to corners at high speeds and had no signs of the rear wanting to wash out.

5. May 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    NumbNutts

NumbNutts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4X4 Silver Streak
    5100's all 4 corners, Front ToyTec adjustable Coils set at 2", Rear TSB, FJ gun metal wheels, BFG A/T 265/75-16D, custom Sock SR5 decals, Weather Tech floor mats, AFE Pro Dry S, Wet Okole seat covers black and charcaol, Color matched grill
    Here's my Cannondale SuperSix. It's built up with Sram Red group, Zipp SS bars, KEO pedals, and custom wheels by Troy at Ligero (Reynolds MVc 32 rims laced to Tune hubs and running them tubeless). Weight it right at 14lbs with pedals and cages and man this thing is fast. I use it to train on to make me faster on the mountain bike for race season.
    [​IMG]

6. May 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    tacoman78

tacoman78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Limited Dbl Cab Prerunner
    Deck Mod
    Just got into cycling about a year ago and I've got a Giant OCR3 that I've put a little over 1,600 miles on. My dad and I try to go riding at least every Saturday and I ride at least 2 other days during the week. I'll post a picture later. I've also got a Giant solid tail mountain bike as well, I like that one for trail riding. That's a real nice Cannondale you've got there. My first bike was an old Cannondale with the shifters on the down tube. I would cruise that bike at 18-20mph no problems. It was a blast.

I'm looking forward to my next bike being either a Giant TCR 1 Advanced or a Cannondale, but I haven't looked too closely at the Cannondales. The dealer we have here locally is kind of a douche and jacks the prices of everything through the roof. The Giant deal though...what a sweet shop and easy guy to talk to. Hence why I have 2 Giants.

7. May 31, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    RYNO

RYNO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston,TX
    I my current bike is a '10 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp HT and love it. I have been getting an itch to buy a road bike, but havent had the time to do some research on own for a newbie. I will most likely stick with Specialized though.

Products Discussed in

To Top