1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RoadMaster Active Suspension system

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by huiakikiki, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Feb 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    huiakikiki

huiakikiki [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 Bagger
    RoadMaster Active Suspension system

I want to share with you a product that I really like. (I don't sell them, I don't get anything for recommeding them either.)
    These mount on rear leaf springs. Besides improving the load handling they also remove the body roll as you scoot through a turn.

I had these on my ’05 Taco Access Cab. It’s a 4 bangger so that means it doesn’t have the handling you Prerunners do. But it makes a awesome difference in the handling.

We sat a 800 pound storage shed still in its box in the rear. The nose of the truck didn’t pop up; the rear did not sit down on its butt. My truck handled better with the load than it did without it. I recently replaced the rear shocks with Monroe Heavy Duty’s. Naturally, the rear bounce is gone, but it helped the RoadMasters too.

My brother has a ’99 Dakota. Its got rear leaf springs too. He had them on his and told me about them. I noticed how his handled so I gave them a shot.

I just bought a ’10 Access Cab (another 4 cyl), and spent the afternoon moving the system to the new truck. The truck’s only got 20 miles on it, and I have already mod’d the rear springs. That’s probably going to make the dealership really happy first time they see them, but so what its worth it.

I bought these at J.C. Whitney. I waited until they had a 20% off sale and free shipping. I had to pay an extra $19 because the fall into the heavy item category. I think they were about $300 retail. With the discount they fell to about $240 or so.

The company is in N.C. Here’s a link to their web http://www.activesuspension.com/
    I’ve had good experience with the company talked to them a couple of times. They might do a group buy. Would be well worth it. Helps rear wheel hop too. These things make my Taco corner like my Honda civic.

2. Feb 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    ^u live in town? i like see lol i was looking into getting one of these

3. Feb 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    huiakikiki

huiakikiki [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 Bagger
    Aloha,

I live in Kaneohe. Near Temply Valley.

You?

To Top