1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock Sliders -by The Truck Shop, San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by TRICOMA, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA [OP] Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    damn...looks good man. Let's get it out on some trails now.

2. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    sliders are fun

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    James and I talked about this and he has an idea for doing a section of the kick out like that, I'm sure he could do it the whole length of it. He was talking about slightly raised holes pushed thru and raised a bit for traction.

On another note, my lady uses them to step on all the time no broken ankles. Could throw on some griptape or covering them in rhino lining or something that has texture.

4. Aug 12, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Their design looks strangely familiar

5. Aug 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    LOL I never got the pictures from Jake so it is not exactly like them

6. Aug 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    OK eddie, sliders look great !!! Now lose the mud flaps (actually take them off before you trail with us ) I can practically garauntee that they'll get torn off when trailing.....:eek::eek::eek:

7. Aug 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    My rear flaps are still on....but my fronts did not survive PJ peak last time we were up there.

8. Aug 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    That evil,evil Peak, Tri can you imagine trying to go up the peak without using the 2 by pass's we carved out last year ? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm probably going to try before rain starts again but I'll have to really check it out closely. (I'm cRaZy, not stupid :D:eek:)

9. Aug 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    Special_K

Special_K o_o

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Cav Blue
    Bummer Doug, I like how they look in the back! I took the front ones off when I was painting the wheels.

That would be no bueno if they got torn off though...

10. Aug 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Ok heres one of the few vids out there regarding this Peak taken by Mike & Rick (re8elmonk) & the last run Rick made in his 'taco before he sold it, sorry for stopping Rick (you know why I did) although trying to stay focused climbing this bitch while videoing is tuff ain't it Mike ??:eek::eek::eek:

turn monitor on its side to see normal I guess, but you get the gist of it , pics & vids don't do justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuUHnfhyrqs

11. Aug 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Well we all can't have the original lol. KIRF's for everyone!

12. Aug 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

I'd hit the peak again before it rains...cause after that they would have to close it for safety reasons...that cliff to the left is massive

13. Aug 14, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    My appointment is finally set to get my sliders installed. I will post up pictures on a couple of weeks!!!

I can't wait. I will be getting the Hybrid with kick outs.

14. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    Special_K

Special_K o_o

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Cav Blue
    Nice.

I forgot to mention that my truck had to be kept there an extra day because one of the sliders set aside for me was blemished. I asked James what the blemish was and he said the angle on one of them was off kilter, kind of twisted I guess. Being a noob at this, I probably wouldn't have noticed, but I really appreciated him letting me know and getting a new one fabbed for me.

Kudos to The Truck Shop, once again, as well as to Tri for hookin up the deal.

15. Aug 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

He's doing a lot of remodeling for the shop so that is why i set the appointment in a couple of weeks.

We are also planning a Truck Shop Mod Day where people will be able to put there trucks on lifts.

BBQ/Babes/Trucks....what else can we ask for???

Look out for it in a couple of months.

16. Aug 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    peejay

peejay Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4

I hear its named after someone who isnt all there upstairs :D I garunteeeeee someone is going to try to go up it after it rains... we should talk with the forest ranger about a putting another sigh up there...

17. Aug 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

Doug even those bypasses are starting to get trashed....Did you see the drop where got stuck, somebody took out that big bush that was keep my truck up on the trail....and i kind of looks like somebody slid down into the little ditch on the left..

18. Aug 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    I will only go up the peak if it is dry. I would love to ride with someone crazy enough to do it wet so I can post it in the fail thread. Corral Canyon has claimed many that I know.

19. Aug 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    :eek:
    Haha, yeah maybe ya know him !!:eek:

Dude, those ruts are fuggin' crazy at the pole ,wash boards with 2ft drops & they're spaced about 3ft apart at a crazy angle just waiting to flip someone. & yeah that area right where you were has been altered meaning someone else has gotten stuck there & did a little reconstruction but you still have to face those ruts if ya keep going straight up from where you were.....:eek:

I might try it wet......;);) get your camera

20. Aug 17, 2010 at 11:22 PM
    peejay

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

Im pretty sure The Rhino will make it up there when its wet and raining.. But fuq that dude,, we would be covered in mudd from head to toe..

Products Discussed in

To Top