1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rockerguard Wheel Paint (Paint vs. Powdercoat)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nukewater, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Nukewater

Nukewater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
    Hey guys, I recently painted my grill, hood scoop, and lower valence with this stuff:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...es+Black+Tail+Light+Paint++283g.jsp?locale=en

it turned out suprisingly well:

Now i love the look of black wheels, and I like the look of the stock 17's. I'd like to powdercoat, but i really have no problem painting either. I drive a decent amount of gravel and snow/ice in a year, so which would hold up better and be easier to fix up. Also, would it be rediculous to paint the wheels with that textured paint, i really like the look it gave the hood scoop, but the pictures don't really do it justice.

thoughts?

2. Dec 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    tisher49

tisher49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Orange, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '08 4.0L 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA fog lights, Retrax cover, Alpine Head unit with I-Pod interface, maglite mount, Color matched grill surround w/ Grillcraft mesh
    you could try painting them with a bed liner... I have no chips or scratches on mine except for on the very edge of the rim where I didn't sand the wheel very well before painting. I also just got my tires flipped to black out and that scratched them up pretty good. Otherwise I'm very happy with it and it saves mucho dinero

3. Dec 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    nice, i kinda like the scoop kinda dont, good idea tho, i think i may hav seen someone else with that on here.
    i just did my wheels & gril & gona do the lower middle bumper this weekend, i used the bedliner spray can, i was surpirsed because it sprayed so even, even on the curves, i might do the scoop, not sure tho, long live SWB

4. Dec 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    tisher49

tisher49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Orange, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '08 4.0L 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA fog lights, Retrax cover, Alpine Head unit with I-Pod interface, maglite mount, Color matched grill surround w/ Grillcraft mesh
  5. Dec 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    i'm gonna paint my wheels next summer too, i think i'll probably use either bed liner or just regular ol' rustolium black semi gloss paint

Products Discussed in

To Top