1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

roll over alarm and squeaky brakes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BrianPK, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    BrianPK

BrianPK [OP] Offroad Enthusiast

Member:
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD 4WD V6 SR5
    CB Radio, 3'' fabtec spacer lift and 3'' body lift flowmaster dual exhaust, deckplate mod, silencer mod, Work in progress pioneer 7900bt stereo with 5X8 infinity speakers all around, and eclipse ex400 amp
    My dad bought a 2011 tacoma trd 4x4 a few months ago. the other day he tried to climb a curb or something and he said a buzzer or alarm went off, do the newer tacos have an alarm like that? seems like it would really be annoying while on the trail.

secondly, his brakes a sqeaking. he's taken it to the dealer three times now, and they havent been able to lock it down, any one out there with experience with this??

thanks!

2. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Yes, they do have a stability alarm. My 2009 that I drive at work does that if I get the rear wheel onto a curb while making a quick right turn into traffic. I thought it only did it when you had some speed, but I guess I'm wrong.

No specific experience with Taco brake squeal, but in general, the stock OEM pads with some anti squeal lube on the back of them seem to work the best.

3. Apr 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Read the manual , It will explain it all to you and your Pop. You can turn it off manualy by pushing the button the dash. Your salesman should have shared this info as well.. Damn Toyota people. :D

To Top