1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rolled my truck last night.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mneuls, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 6:03 AM
    mneuls

mneuls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    haha. sorry I haven't updated for a while. I been busy with some stuff. I;ve actually got my truck back now. but I haven't actually got any pics of it wrecked.

I took some...

... but my dog ate my camera:mad:. true story

I wasn't running my mudders, just the shitty stockers goodyear highway terrain or something. I just got proper winter tires put on last friday, goodyear wrangler duratrac (285/70/17). so far, a pretty good tire. looks better than the stock ones too:)

and yes, the headache rack did indeed save my ass. just the actual roof was caved in, the door posts and such were a-ok. the damage was actually quite minimal considering how fast I hit the ditch. But I also give some credit to the 4 ft of snow in the ditch.

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    gptoy

gptoy 09 DCLB TRD Sport

Member:
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    22 T4R TRDOR
    Congrats on getting the truck back!

All's back to the way she was before? I imagine you're a happy camper now to have her in your hands again!

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    VancityCK

VancityCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic AC TRD Offroad
    Congrats on getting the truck back. How was icky-bicky, or did you have 3rd party for collision?

Also, how are those DuraTracs in 285? Any rubbing issues?

4. Jan 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    mneuls

mneuls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    yeah, no kidding. a month of driving some dodge loaner will do wonders for your love of toyota.

Icbc was awesome, I crashed on a sunday, they had my truck looked at and appraised on monday, ($13,500 damage) and i had my truck in the shop by wednesday. I was totally at fault, so my insurance goes up to 0% discount again, but I drive a work truck now, so this one is gonna be leisure use only, so it'll work out cheaper.

A guy in mackenzie actually did the work on the truck, at fine touch autobody, he did a really good job, and he gave me a loaner pickup while he had my truck. which was awesome, because I didn't have coverage from icbc for a rental.

I've got a bit of rub on the passenger side fender it just got replaced, so I need to re-trim that side, but I've already chopped my bodymounts back a bit, so it's hard to say if they would be rubbing without that or not, I would imagine so, they are pretty tight.

5. Jan 26, 2010 at 3:25 AM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Pretty amazing the way the truck protected you and your girl. Glad to hear it was repairable. I'm sure it will be as good, if not better than, new.

Products Discussed in

To Top