1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roof Rack Recommendations?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TimR, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Jul 19, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    TimR

TimR [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road Access Cab Black Sand Pearl
    Painted wheels black, 5100's, duratrac's, plasti dip fun, leer canopy, removed rear headrests, disabled seat belt alarm Satellite radio
    I am ordering a canopy for my access cab, and I need to get a roof rack on top for hauling around my 10.5 ft aluminum jon boat.

my concern is that I do not want to have the bow of the boat hit the canopy body before the cross bar when loading it up. What type of roof rack did you get that works for this?? Thanks!

2. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seymour, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Reg Cab 4x4
    ARE MX Series Cap, Toyota Bed Mat, Weathertech Floor Liners, Front Flaps Removed
    this isn't a great picture, but this is the setup I use for loading my 16ft kayak, and it works great. load the bow onto the rollers in the back and then just roll it up to rest in the saddle on the front. and the saddles use a integrated strap setup that's pretty slick. makes the whole thing really effortless to load a 70lb boat by myself in under 5 minutes.

everything is yakima - hully rollers in the back and mako saddles up front.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    TimR

TimR [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road Access Cab Black Sand Pearl
    Painted wheels black, 5100's, duratrac's, plasti dip fun, leer canopy, removed rear headrests, disabled seat belt alarm Satellite radio
    The standard roof rack on the leer canopies is the Thule Tracker II.

The cross bars sit 3" high from the roof, and they can be placed at the rear of the track, which is 2-3" from the back of the canopy.

Hopefully that gives me the right angle to avoid hitting the truck, but hopefully someone has experience before I go order the whole setup!

To Top