1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roof rack reviews

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by donanoyus, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    donanoyus

donanoyus [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    De Pere, Wi
    Vehicle:
    08 Blue TRD Sport
    How well do the stock roof racks work? Are they sturdy or junk? Should I just go buy an aftermarket one or try to get a "stock" one for my 08 dbl cab?

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    I guess it would depend on what you wanted to haul up there. I have Inno 383 fork mount bike racks on mine and the racks work just wonderfully for that.

Now if you wanted to haul ladders and bagged concrete on it, I would say they will not suffice.

Marc M

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    They work fine for a 6 or even 8 foot ladder, no dice on the extension ladder. we haul those little giant type ladders around on them just fine.

To Top