1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rotor issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jeepman5112, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Feb 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    Jeepman5112

Jeepman5112 [OP] Member

Member:
    Goldsboro nc
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    None, for now
    I have a 2012 double cab 4 banger. It has 8k on it and the rotors have been replaced due to the first ones were turned twice. Well, the rotors need to be turned again. Has anyone else had issues with their rotors?
    This trip to the dealer is getting old

2. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    Maybe you are overheating your brakes?

I hate to be the guy to say it, but some people think they are good drivers, when in reality they ride their brakes, constantly stop abruptly etc.

3. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    ^^^ What he said. Also, if you are little harder on your brakes, it's imperative to have the proper lug nut torque. Overheating rotors with over-tightened lug nuts is a recipe for warpage. Don't trust the dealer to properly torque the lug nuts. Always check it yourself.

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem

Good post, I forgot that. +rep to you.

5. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    Good call on the wheel torque.

BTW. if you havent figured it out already, "turning" the rotors only lasts temporarily. At my shop, if somone comes in with a brake pulsation, we replace the rotors no question. we got rid of our lathe. Be easy on the brakes, give them time to cool while going down hills. dont ride them. Get new rotors and torque the wheels properly with a calibrated torque wrench. you shouldnt have any problems :thumbsup:

6. Feb 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    TastyHuman

TastyHuman Oh. Bummer.

Member:
    Wow, when I was doing brakes for a living we always put new rotors on the lathe to make damn sure they were true. About 20% were not.

Products Discussed in

To Top