1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rough Counrty..3.5 Vertex coils

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Lava-road, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Jan 15, 2021 at 11:59 AM
    Lava-road

Lava-road [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd-off road
    Hard top camper...many more to add+
    Anyone try them yet? Rough Country 3.5 Vertex adjustable coils?
    Aloha

2. Jan 16, 2021 at 7:23 AM
    bodysurfallday

bodysurfallday Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand TRD Off-Road 4x4
    I got um. I like it so far. I'm not very heavy into offroad so I can speak for that. But the ride is pretty good. Looks great tho. Worth the money if your going for the reservoir look

3. Jan 16, 2021 at 11:42 AM
    Lava-road

Lava-road [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd-off road
    Hard top camper...many more to add+
    I had Rough Country 9000 shocks, with adjustable controls...on my old Dodge Ram...
    To be able to adjust the settings for street and off roading...makes a big difference on performance...

Wish they made controls to be mounted inside the truck..

Rough Country 9000, many years ago with air hose adjustment controls mounted inside...adjust any time while driving...discontinue due to many air leaks, (O rings fail too often). I ended up after a few month and ripping them out ..due to continue air leaks..had to constantly replace O-rings..

Having adjustable shocks ...well worth the money...for comfort on and off road!
    Aloha

4. Feb 23, 2021 at 12:46 PM
    Dvst8r1K

Dvst8r1K Night-Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen Black Tacoma SS 4.0l 4-dr 4x4
    1" Toytec body-lift, K&N filter, coolant by-pass, mesh cotton screen delete, TTBS, WeatherTech in channel visors, 2.5" Rancho full suspension kit, Oil Catch Can, Toyo 285/70 A/T-2's, 21.5" light bar in grill, blacked-out grill, de-badged entire truck; and again, more to come.....
    @bodysurfallday / did you install the Vertex 3.5's?? I'm looking into them, and was wondering if you installed them with no drop bracket kit?? Did you need to get new uca's?? Do they have good travel?? Have you had to adjust the coils any??
    I know I'm asking a lot, hope you can understand. Thanks in advance..

5. Mar 3, 2021 at 2:05 PM
    bodysurfallday

bodysurfallday Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand TRD Off-Road 4x4
    I did install them. I installed them with a drop bracket kit. I have the 6in drop bracket lift. I got SPC UCA's. I'm not an expert and going to say you need them but if you're gonna go with the Vertex, you're already saving money so that money can be spent on UCA's. They travel pretty good imo. They're still breaking in, it's about 3k miles in right now maybe. I did not have to adjust the coils, I think I would need to raise the driver side a bit due to the lean. But I did try to crank it higher because I have 35's, to eliminate some rubbing, but I wasn't able to turn it with a spanner wrench (truck was on jack stands so no load on springs). Could use a hammer and a pin to turn it but I didn't wanna damage the paint.
    No worries bro.

Products Discussed in

To Top