1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rough country 3 inch suspension lift questions

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by whiteboytoy05, Feb 8, 2011.

1. whiteboytoy05

whiteboytoy05 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma SR5 sport
    I am looking into getting a rough country 3 inch supension lift. With that being said has anyone installed one there self. If so was it relatively easy? and how does the truck handle and ride? Also I was planning on running 33inch tires on 18inch wheels, would this give me enough room for to fit the tires with little or no trimming??

2. Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    brute force hybrid front bumper, some lights on the front, bhlm w/retrofit, camburg uca, 2.5 icons up front, f-o-a 2.5rr rears, all pro standard leaf springs, bamf lca skids, custom ifs and tran skid, 16'' kmc enduro, 35" bfg km2, 4.56 gears & lockers, brute force sliders, trail gear rear bumper, engo e9000 wench, and a few goodies on the inside
    i have it installed, i dont think it rides well at all, and it tends to jump accross the road haha. and i am rubbing with a 32 in tire. 275/55/20

3. whiteboytoy05

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma SR5 sport
    Thanks Robert I appreciate the info, did you do any trimming to try and stop the rubbing? or is it not that bad?

4. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Spacers are going to give you a pretty rough ride. You will definately need to trim some plastic to fit 33's. Some even have to chop the cab mount.

5. Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    brute force hybrid front bumper, some lights on the front, bhlm w/retrofit, camburg uca, 2.5 icons up front, f-o-a 2.5rr rears, all pro standard leaf springs, bamf lca skids, custom ifs and tran skid, 16'' kmc enduro, 35" bfg km2, 4.56 gears & lockers, brute force sliders, trail gear rear bumper, engo e9000 wench, and a few goodies on the inside
    i havent trimmed it yet, it hasent bothered me enought. but when it comes to new tires i more than likely will to fit wider tires

6. whiteboytoy05

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma SR5 sport
    Okay thanks again for the info. KPT what lift do you have?

7. KPT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75"

More info in my build.

8. Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Rough Country says you dont need spring compressors, but its a bitch without one, it took me and a friend using a tie down to crank on the sping to get it back in place. I hate this lift and will replace it as soon as I get my tax return. You will not be able to the a proper alignment without new UCAs, and I doubt you will get the tires to fit without some trimming.

9. KPT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    :eek:

Are you sure they didn't say you don't need a spring compressor for their top plate spacers, but you do for the coil spacers?

10. Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Yeah, I even called them to ask a second time and they said that it was a simple install and I would not need one. They guy on the phone sounded pissed off that I would even call to ask questions. I would never buy fro them again, its a crappy kit in my opinion for what it cost. Rear blocks and shocks were strait forward though, not a single problem there other than what they say in the instructions is a 19mm nut on the U bolts is actually a 21mm, and since I didnt have anything over a 19 I had to make a trip to the store, on foot since the truck was taken apart.

11. Taco R/C

Taco R/C Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 3in
    3inch lift , 18" rims
    I bought this kit and really like it. Me and a friend installed it in about 6hrs in my garage. My truck aligned perfectly. I didnt have to have a coil compressor. Just removed the coil assembly put the spacer on top and put it back in...

12. Taco R/C

Taco R/C Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 3in
    3inch lift , 18" rims
    And i'm running 265/70R17 tires with no rubbing. That's only a 32" tire though.

To Top