1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RS3200plus install on Tacoma 2011

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pcmeiners, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jun 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    pcmeiners

pcmeiners [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota
    PT398-35090 will not work in a 2011 Tacoma

Ordered a RS3200plus (PT398-35090) off the internet for a 2011 Tacoma, yes I know it is a really basic alarm, but I wanted a simple install.

Anyway the instructions in the PDF are rather vague but the connections were easy enough to figure out, but with doubts, I had to double check everything. Then you get to page 7 "(h) locate the vehicles white 12P connector...." , there is a connector but it does NOT match the alarm's harness connector, close but not close enough. So after removing half the plastic dash, I had to stop and remove the alarm harness, return everything to it's original state. Sending the alarm back.
    Have to say all the plastic came off really easy, same on the reinstall..the pdf stated a need for a "nylon panel removal tool" , comforting to have but all the panels came off by hand, no scuffing at all.

http://www.toyotapart.com/2009-2010...98-35090_REV._A_T-AI-0280-D_--PT398-35090.pdf

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I just find it unusual that Toyota would change the harness. The instructions say disconnect the 12p connector but the alarm harness gets connected to a 10p connector and the 12p connector just gets reconnected.

3. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    pcmeiners

pcmeiners [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota
    Actually it the 10P which I can't match up. On the weekend I will pull off the panel again, and search behind the metal cowl panel area with a mirror, instead of by feel.

4. Jun 27, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    pcmeiners

pcmeiners [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota
    "I just find it unusual that Toyota would change the harness."
    After dealing with a vehicle in the past which did not match up with manuals (Dodge Ram), bit gun shy.

Well I found the 10P connector..

It was inside the metal cowl wall behind a wire bundle. I had to remove the metal plate which the plastic cowl cover clips to ( metal plate with two male tabs held by 10 mm bolt) and the metal bracket which connects the body to the fuse box assembly (10mm bolt) . I released the clips of the blue plastic cowl insert, moved that out, then I could get to the connector, just barely, as is it took me about 30 minutes to release the 10P clip, as it was still behind the cowl wall. Perhaps I could have pulled out the connector a bit more from within the cowl if I pulled hard, but I was not in the gambling mood; without removing the cowl cove clip plate and the plastic insert there was no access to the connector.
    Have to give Toyota credit for the plastic panel releases, all the panels came off/reinstalled with ease, much better then my 2000 Siena, there was no need for the plastic panel removal tool.
    The rest of the install was simple.

To Top