1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RSG Off Road - CMC

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by 17SandTaco, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Sep 19, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    I've never liked RSG in Denver, they quoted me astronomical numbers whenever I inquired about things and I hear nothing but bad things about their work.

I know this may be a CO thread, I had this done by @glorifiedwelder in SoCal last year. This is how a CMC should look, notice how the corner is angled back and how the mount is trimmed nearly up to the frame rail. And he charged me $150

(Thread here for SoCal members peeping this thread)
    [​IMG]

2. Sep 19, 2018 at 7:22 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    That's super clean, and I like how the front plate is angled down. @glorifiedwelder Does some great work. I'll be doing something similar to @riz_atx 's 3rd gen Taco here very soon.

glorifiedwelder and riz_atx like this.
  3. Sep 19, 2018 at 7:23 AM
    riz_atx

riz_atx #bigpermtaco #teamBP

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 4x4 DCLB GFC Locked, Geared, Tuned
    C4Fab/RCI/BAMF, ADS, 4.88, Lockers, OVTune
    YAAS! Cant wait!

Texoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 19, 2018 at 7:38 AM
    17SandTaco

17SandTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Conifer, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma OR
    Jason@RSG reached out to me, we are getting the truck back in the shop today. Hopefully they will get it back to looking spiffy! If experience has thought me anything, even good shops are capable of mistakes... it's really in how they address their mistakes that matters. I'll keep everyone posted.

I will have the new tires and wheels. We should be able to see what, if anything rubs.:fingerscrossed:

5. Sep 19, 2018 at 8:22 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    So true, and that the person or entity learns from the mistake and improves from that.

6. Sep 19, 2018 at 9:25 AM
    glorifiedwelder

glorifiedwelder IG= @Liquid_Torch

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    Santa Clarita, ca
    Vehicle:
    double cab trd sport

Thanks Jim. I love watching your posts on Instagram you guys have some awesome trails your way.

Ripcord[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Sep 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM
    Jason@RSG

Jason@RSG Active Member

Member:
    Jim,

So you never liked us because of a quote you received? Just curious, as the owner of RSG what you've heard that was "bad" about the work we do?

8. Sep 19, 2018 at 12:26 PM
    scottclarkinco

scottclarkinco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM TRD Off Road
    A lot. Check out my build page.

Jim isn't talking to many people if all he hears about RSGs work is bad. Been taking my truck to RSG for the past 2 years and you all are awesome! Recently had my LCAs completely rebuilt/upgraded and had you guys swap my Fox coils to 650lbs. RSG is also my exclusive stop for alignments. My truck has never ridden and driven better. Pricing is on market compared to other shops who know what the fugg their doing. The staff is very knowledgable and very eager to help and work with you to earn your business.

I did have my CMC done at Insain Fab before I really even knew who RSG was (and pretty sure they weren't even doing CMC back then in 2014). Corey is also a solid local guy who does great fab work! Can't go wrong there either.

Jason is a solid local business owner offering strong service and products. Looking at the BMC job above, that does look pretty gnarly but I also see Jason jumped right in to offer to take the truck back and make it right.

Drew at RSG is my go to guy and is great to work with as well. Keep on keepin on RSG!

9. Sep 19, 2018 at 12:45 PM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    I'm not going to get into it in this thread to stay on the topic of CMCs, PM me if genuinely care.

At least they now know what a proper CMC should be to actually clear larger tires. :) Maybe now they can justify their price being double what it should be.

Smart ass comments of mine aside, at least you want to improve and take care of an unsatisfied customer. Better practice than most business you see today. :thumbsup:

Jason@RSG likes this.
  10. Sep 19, 2018 at 5:58 PM
    17SandTaco

17SandTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Conifer, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma OR
    20180919_183243.jpg 20180919_183217.jpg

Now this is nice! RSG Offroad made good. Zero rubbing with the new tires

JDR07, JoeCOVA, Wulf and 5 others like this.
  11. Sep 19, 2018 at 6:04 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Nice work

riz_atx likes this.
  12. Sep 19, 2018 at 8:33 PM
    upTOPOverland_Drew

upTOPOverland_Drew upTOP Overland Technical Design and Application

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB SUPER WHITE
    All the things...click the link in sig
    That looks 1 million times better

13. Sep 20, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    Trucko

Trucko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Summit County Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    arb bull bar Smittybulit 9.5 winch topper shell with yakima basket piaa lights toytec boss coilovers Dakar leaf pack with boss shocks 28/75/16 bfg at ko2 Midland CB Home made trailer with CVT Mount Rainer tent and max coupler hitch
    RSG just earned my business if i ever need help at a shop due to how they took care of this issue. Nice job!!

14. Sep 20, 2018 at 6:47 AM
    kystnTRD

kystnTRD Ramblin Man

Member:
    NW Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 6MT
    Night and day, glad they made things right.

15. Sep 20, 2018 at 6:51 AM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    This looks awesome. Do I need to order new plates from RSG?

17SandTaco[OP] likes this.
  16. Sep 20, 2018 at 9:24 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    If you want, or we can do custom.

17. Sep 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    Well nevermind, i should have looked before saying anything. They dont have them for 3rd gens. Looks like its gonna be a custom job!

Products Discussed in

To Top