1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RSI Smart Cap

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by microsnook, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Feb 28, 2021 at 6:28 AM
    DAS Taco

DAS Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAS
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    Can I ask how much did Cap it quoted you (I'm in Edmonton)?, I would like just a standard RSI, roof rails only .
    Thanks

2. Feb 28, 2021 at 9:29 AM
    RNO_TACO

RNO_TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Grey Tacoma TRD Off-road 4x4 DCSB
    A.R.E. Topper with victory topper rack, blacked out exterior emblems, star armor side steps, TRD CAI, TRD Pro exhaust, Method MR305 NV 16in Rims, TRD PRO front grill, Meso coin holder, TRD Pro skid plate, Kings 2.5 coilovers with remote resis front and rear, OME HD Dakar’s, ECGS, LT285/75R16 KM3s, Dirt king UCAs, Meso gas cap holder, Meso blacked out interior kit, TRD start/stop red button, AVS low profile window guards, AVS low profile hood protector, Full LED upgrades inside and outside, decked bed storage system. And I’m sure there’s more I’m missing lol
    I tired that discount route with them (veterans/military). Was told to pound sand. This was just a week ago. They said they would give me a free first aid kit.

3. Feb 28, 2021 at 9:59 PM
    OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Brockton, MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    First and foremost, thank you for your service. We employ military veterans on our sales staff and we always do everything we can to take care of military and law enforcement. In the case of RSI caps, we are offering reduced, flat rate shipping costs, and we are also offering a free overland medical kit ($50+ value) with every purchase right now. This is the best price we are extending to all customers. But please, do not say that we told you to "pound sand" as that simply is not true.

Lead times will vary on the caps and accessories as it's largely dependent if in stock or not. We do our best to try and keep our website updated with lead times for products that are both in stock and backordered. If caps are in stock, they normally ship out within a few business days from time of order and transit time will vary based on the shipping destination. Normal transit times are 2-7 business days, again largely dependent on where you're having it shipped to. As far as discounts go, as previously mentioned we are covering the freight costs on these ($200+), we do not charge tax outside of MA and TX and we are also offering a free overland medical kit ($50+ value) with every purchase right now. This is the best price that we are extending to all customers.

* For everyone that is asking and/or posting about the third brake light harnesses, there was apparently a batch of bad or incorrect harnesses being included from the RSI factory. It's not all of them, but some. Most Tacoma cap owners have installed the wiring harness without incident. We believe the that issue has only recently popped up with the incorrect harnesses. We have been able to very quickly deal with these third brake light problems as they arise by reporting the issue to RSI and RSI will immediately ship out the correct harness.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  4. Mar 1, 2021 at 5:14 AM
    RNO_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    A.R.E. Topper with victory topper rack, blacked out exterior emblems, star armor side steps, TRD CAI, TRD Pro exhaust, Method MR305 NV 16in Rims, TRD PRO front grill, Meso coin holder, TRD Pro skid plate, Kings 2.5 coilovers with remote resis front and rear, OME HD Dakar’s, ECGS, LT285/75R16 KM3s, Dirt king UCAs, Meso gas cap holder, Meso blacked out interior kit, TRD start/stop red button, AVS low profile window guards, AVS low profile hood protector, Full LED upgrades inside and outside, decked bed storage system. And I’m sure there’s more I’m missing lol
    I’m simply going off what the conversation I had with you guys was like. Certainly no hard feelings and I’m not upset by any means. I was simply asking about any discounts available to disabled veterans. Free shipping is awesome don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t go that extra mile. Most companies out there who sell large items always offer free shipping anyway. It’s all good. You guys are a great company and I’ll never have anything bad to say. Just know that sometimes on a 3,500 dollar sale, going that little extra step may be the difference in a sale vs looking elsewhere. My humble feedback anyway. Take care.

Taco2021LB likes this.
  5. Mar 1, 2021 at 6:27 AM
    minium

minium Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I feel like their presence and support here on TW would fall under “that extra little step”.

TS4x4, cgraydog, Vmax88 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mar 1, 2021 at 6:41 AM
    RNO_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Not questioning that in the least :thumbsup:

minium[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Mar 1, 2021 at 3:14 PM
    OkeyCodyOh

OkeyCodyOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road MGM
    i'm sad. less than a week of having the cap on and one of the back window locks is already stopped up

Peace1 likes this.
  8. Mar 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM
    OffroadAlliance.com

Member:
    Brockton, MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    A broken lock one week in is very unusual. Did you order from us? Keeping everyone's name associated with their TW user names is a bit of challenge. If you did, shoot me a PM with your name or order number and we'll submit a claim on your behalf. If you didn't order from us, we're still happy to walk you through the process to get a replacement part.

DAS Taco and jwctaco like this.
  9. Mar 1, 2021 at 3:40 PM
    TacoTaco-BurittoTaco

TacoTaco-BurittoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Stock
    I have to say after seeing these caps they are really nice. The kitchen on the side is a great idea. It’s in my top two caps I’m looking for.

OffroadAlliance.com likes this.
  10. Mar 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM
    OffroadAlliance.com

Member:
    Brockton, MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    They are great caps! And the kitchen is a really great add on piece. It fits both the Evo Sport and the Evo Adventure model caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mar 1, 2021 at 7:22 PM
    Buffalo_Will

Buffalo_Will Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tacoma
    It has arrived!!!

F686FBB6-FAFB-4EAE-B100-F54D963EFE30.jpg

12. Mar 2, 2021 at 6:20 AM
    trd4x4boy

trd4x4boy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairfax, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road Manual
    Have an Evo Adventure on order!

Does anybody know if the rear security screen will fit back window? Saw it on the contractor version.

13. Mar 2, 2021 at 6:28 AM
    Wixo

Wixo Platinum+ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 SR5 Tundra CM 5.7L Barcelona Red
    Tint, LED interior
    Using the logic a lot of TW members have: Its better if it has seals that you dont HAVE to replace, but rather that you GET to replace. :rofl:

Peace1 and crashdb[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Mar 2, 2021 at 7:34 AM
    OffroadAlliance.com

Member:
    Brockton, MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
    The security screen is only compatible with the Evo C. It does not work with the Evo Sport or Evo Adventure.

15. Mar 2, 2021 at 8:02 AM
    Kingair84

Kingair84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Double Cab TRD Off Road 6 speed MT
    Rad Industries skid plate, trd pro grill, rigid DOT Fogs
    I noticed on my wiring harness that the positive and negative wires were flipped in the first plug of the last harness section. I cut soldered and flipped these and everything works great now. Funny how it had a quality control inspection sticker on it. Guy musta been color blind

16. Mar 2, 2021 at 8:09 AM
    jruiz555

jruiz555 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice i ordered mine, and waiting for it to come in :) I ordered it from OffroadAlliance and they were cool enough to send me an emergency bag.

17. Mar 2, 2021 at 8:20 AM
    Taco2021LB

Taco2021LB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2004 DblCab 4x4
    OME 882 Dakars Falken 235/85R16s
    Now that's fucked up.

18. Mar 2, 2021 at 8:23 AM
    whitedlite

whitedlite Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA!
    Vehicle:
    3RD Gen TRD 4WD
    He was not told to "pound sand"

It sounds like the vendor told him we're doing the best we can offering free shipping and a free med kit.

The fact he used "pound sand" is to bring shame to the company for not licking his boots.
    He asked, they didn't offer any extra incentives on the cap, but they may on other products.
    Thanks for your service though RNO.

19. Mar 2, 2021 at 8:29 AM
    jruiz555

jruiz555 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea i looked around before buying, and that price is pretty firm. I went with OffroadAlliance because they were good with supplying information and were very friendly.

DAS Taco and OffroadAlliance.com like this.
  20. Mar 2, 2021 at 10:39 AM
    RNO_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    It’s funny how people take stuff so literally and out of context. Never once did I bring “shame” on the company as you say. I asked them for a little help beyond the shipping (which most all companies do) on such a very expensive product. Excuse me for asking for a little help. Nothing wrong with trying to negotiate. They said no, it is what it is. No shame or hard feelings. They are still a good company. Stop injecting your own spin on things to try and get people riled up.

Products Discussed in

To Top