1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rubbing After UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mr. Brown, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Apr 22, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I just installed LR UCA's and now I rub on the left side body mount. I didn't rub before at all. Could this be an issue with how they were aligned? I searched but i didn't find anywhere that this had happened before. I was thinking if I had an idea what it could be I could take it back to the dealer that installed them and possibly get it fixed.

I have an 06 with Donahoe coilovers set at the factory height running 285's. when I first installed the co's I trimmed the fenders a little, but I was no where near the body mount. I'm still about half an inch away from the body mount on the right side.

thanks in advance for the help

2. Apr 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    Timber

Timber Crankey Old Yacht Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Pedro Bay Ports
    just a couple comfort items.
    Yes, a good alignment guy should be able to move the wheel forward in the well enough to keep you off the body mount and still be in spec. Make sure you point out where it rubs. I went thru the same thing with my 33s

3. Apr 22, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Sweet man thanks.

To Top