1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running a spare tire, help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kona2chris, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Aug 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    kona2chris

kona2chris [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 Tacoma Doublecab SR5
    FX Pro Wheels (Dark Gunmetal Grey Gloss) Falken WildPeak AT AT3W 265/70R17 OME 2" Lift kit Kenwood DNR1007XR - 10.1" GPS / Multimedia W/backup Camera Remote starter and CompuStar alarm Baja Design Squadron Sport Fog Pocket Light Kit (Wide cornering) Leer canopy Bedrug Thule Roof Kayak Racks Thule Swing away bike rack Engine 2.0 installed at 270k
    Anybody know if you can run one tire different than the rest? I managed to get a screw in the sidewall of my rear right tire and Toyota say they can't fix it. I was just going to buy a cheap tire in the same size and run with that until the winter when I'll replace them all but Toyota says I'll have to buy 2 new tires now, and that running with the spare or a single tire newer/different or on a different rim than the rest can mess with the vehicle traction control system and make the vehicle's drivability compromised.
    Does anybody out there have any experience with this? Or some wisdom? I really don't want to buy a full set of new tires yet but buying just 2 seems like a waste when they only have about 15-20% tread left before it's replacement time anyways!

Thanks

2. Aug 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    you really shouldnt but if you have to, run it in the front and dont put it in 4wd

Products Discussed in

To Top