1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running billy 5100's and eibach springs

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Madams, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Jan 22, 2016 at 7:29 PM
    Bobby_B

Bobby_B New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
    Bug shield, somewhat worthless Nerf bars, rigged gas pedal, Jimmy rigged battery receptacle, and a Gaylord tonneau cover.
    I just had my billies put on up front and had to have them set to the highest level due to the saggy stock springs and got about 1.5". Originally bottom of fender to floor was 35" and I'm not sitting just over 36". Now the front is a bit higher over the stock back. Tomorrow I'll have a 1.5" Fabtech AAL and the billies shocks added in the rear which will probably give me a slight rake just like the factory stance.

I'll post pictures and let you know how it rides. I'm excited!

2. Jan 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    Sicyota04

Sicyota04 Slowly but surely.

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgan
    California
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    I had my 5100's on the 2nd setting with the 3" Eibach coils. And regular 5100's with a 1.5" AAL in the rear for about a year and a half. Rode a little too rough on the highway for me so I put it down to the 0 setting on the 5100's Sept 2015. After that it rode so much better. Around Dec 4 2015 my front end started vibrating between 65mph - 75mph. The tire place I go to gets it to stop vibrating but a week later it's back. And we have gone through getting the vibration to go away 4 times now. And also when I turn the steering wheel one way or the other if I'm moving or not it makes this popping noise. Any suggestions? Yeah I know I shouldn't of put it on the 2nd setting but a little late for that. Just want it fixed. Steering rack maybe? I have brand new CV axles and got it aligned. It was fine till a few months after I lowered the setting then that vibration started. I also replaced all the rack & pinion bushings too.

3. Jan 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    Sicyota04

Sicyota04 Slowly but surely.

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgan
    California
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    I went to the tire shop and they put 4 new tires on & now all the vibration and popping is gone! I can't believe it was that simple. My truck rides like it's brand new

Products Discussed in

To Top