1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rust Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WITacoma2007, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    WITacoma2007

WITacoma2007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 Tacoma Double Cab w/ Sport Package
    I put the Westin Bull Bar and Side Steps (in black) on.
    Just wanted to throw this out there....

I am having rust issues with my 2007 Tacoma. I have had all 4 rims replaced due to bubbling paint/corrosion. The other day I'm washing my truck and I notice that my bumper is starting to rust as well. Looks like from the inside out. Bubbling paint with rust discoloration. I was basically told "too bad". $30,000 truck rusting out in less than 3 years of owning it. Very frustrating. Just wondering if anyone is having rust issues with the bumper (It's a painted bumper, not chromed). Thanks guys.

I was hoping to keep this thing for over 10 years, but it's not looking good right now..... :frusty:

2. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    gptoy

gptoy 09 TRD Sport

Member:
    Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    265/70 Duratracs
    I know in our area we get lots of chips etc. from gravel that is left on the roads. Doesn't matter what truck you drive, if you have painted bumpers rather than the chrome ones they start rusting pretty quick. I know painted looks better, but I'll always stick with chrome as long as I live here.

To Top