1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rust Protection

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RSH904, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    RSH904

RSH904 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
  2. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    sjwrappel

sjwrappel Member

Member:
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Sand Pearl Reg Cab 4x4 manual
    2008 Black Sand Pearl Reg Cab 4x4 manual, 245/75R16 General Grabber A/T, TRD shocks, Wheeler 3 leaf pack w/ overload leaf, Coil Spacer. Cruise and intermittent wiper mod.
    Yeah, it works. It's a heavy waxy film. You need to redo it every year or two depending how bad winter and/or salt is. Ideally, I would say you want to have it done to a clean truck on a warm day.

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmyra Missouri
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Radient Red, Red Grille, Debadge'd, Blacken'd Headlights, DTRL's, Cruise Control, Fog Lights, 2 1\2" suspension lift, 285\75\16 Nitto Dune Grapplers, Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB stereo, Pioneer 3 way fronts with factory tweeters & Kenwood tweeters, Kenwood truck boxes behide seats with 8" subs in each, Wet suit like tacoma seat covers
    There is a local guy that does it and he doesen't like to do vehicles unless they come straight from the new car lot, he will do the used ones but I don't think the warrenty is as good and it cost more cuz of the preping that has to take place, but not sure about other shops.. I do know he does take door panels off to spray's in the bottom inside of the doors

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    i had uniglass ziebart do mine last fall, and they did a kickass job of it to. i had them do the penetr-oil and the sound barrier stuff. Its pretty heavy and thick. I took the truck through the carwash a day before taking it over to them. they cleaned up what the carwash may have missed and they also wirebrushed off any small surface rust. they also did the wheel wells,inside the doors,rockers and inside the frame as well. ill get them to do another coat of it this fall probly.

5. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    RSH904

RSH904 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    I live in Ohio and need to do it to my 07 before next winter. How much does it run?

6. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    it would have been like 400$ for the penetr-oil and the sound barrier but i know the manager and he only charged me for the penetroil,110$.

Products Discussed in

To Top