1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating Spray

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomaatw, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sep 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    tacomaatw

tacomaatw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    010 TRD Off-Road Super White
    Avid Off-Road Bar, Superbumper, Weathertechs, Hunter 4x4 Nerf Bars
    Has anyone used this spray? I just ordered an Avid Off-Road Light Bar, and I'm probably going to paint it myself. If I do, I'll use Rustoleum, but I'd like a textured look. This truck bed coating spray is a new spray listed on their site.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=367

The safer thing to do would be to use the satin spray which has lots of good feedback.

Marc

2. Sep 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    For the textured look lots of folks have used the "hammered" finish paint with good results. Those spray on/roll on bed liners usually work pretty well.

3. Sep 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    i believe the truck bed spray is nothing more than undercoating that hardens. when i looked at the hammered spray for my rims, it just looks like a orange peel paint job, something i was taught was a bad paint job. but if thats the look your going for i guess its ok. on my last truck i did use herculiner roll on bed liner for my push bar and nerf bar. gave it a good texture and durable finish. may want to check it out, for the price it was a good deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top