1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ryobi One+ Systems Reviews

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Toyko Joe, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jun 8, 2017 at 9:14 AM
    TactlessTaco

TactlessTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDORDCSB inferno
    I bought a kit that came with cirvukar saw, sawsall, flashloght, dremel, power drill, and impact.
    I think the quality is good for average home owners. I would NOT recomend for contractor use. Have been using the kit for about 2 years.
    I do use the flash light and impact more than i thought i would. The dremel is a wimp for sanding. Circular saw is good but runa batteries fast like you would expect. Sawsall is solid so far.

So far no major problems, though my drill is off center. Not certain if i can adjust.

2. Jun 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    ThunderOne

ThunderOne Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Yeah I saw that, but then I'd have 5 batteries after it's all said and done and that's just excessive lol

3. Jun 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM
    Toyko Joe

Toyko Joe [OP] Here for the pictures

Member:
    I always have two extra charged batteries every time I load up the bag with tools, the lesson was learned when I had to stop what I was doing to let the battery charge so I could finish the project.

I married my tacoma likes this.
  4. Jun 13, 2017 at 10:32 PM
    ThunderOne

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Well I ended up buying a two pack, so I'm just gonna sell two of my compact ones and one of the big ones since I don't need two big ones

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  5. Jun 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM
    Korndog1284

Korndog1284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J03l
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 Off Road DCLB MGM
    All-Pro Raack Pack, Tepui Tent and Awning, ARB BP-51, K02 275/65/17, 4Runner Pro Wheels
    Don't get any saw dust or small wood debris in the vent holes I burnt mine out while trimming my tree. Probably my fault, but just a heads up.

6. Jun 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    Korndog1284

Member:
    First Name:
    J03l
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 Off Road DCLB MGM
    All-Pro Raack Pack, Tepui Tent and Awning, ARB BP-51, K02 275/65/17, 4Runner Pro Wheels
    I used this Ryobi stuff when I was building houses when I was in my 20's. Back then Ryobi was blue and yellow. They survived and when the batteries finally gave out I just went and bought a new set. now 12 years later and I am still using Ryobi tools; I have got a little collection of 18v and 40v tools. At this point I have also built up a collection of the Milwaukie M12 Drills and impact drives. The balance of the M12 stuff feels better in the hand and is smaller and more maneuverable. As for the Ryobi 18v listed below is my collection of stuff.

Circular Saw
    Sawzall
    brad nailer
    sanders Square and circular
    angle grinder
    Led Folding work light
    led spot light

40v Lawn Mower
    40v Weed Eater
    40v Hedge Trimmer
    40v leaf blower

7. Jun 20, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    Toyko Joe

Member:
    Could you provide a review of these items? I am curious about these items for future purchases. The other reviews would be welcome too! :thumbsup:

8. Jun 20, 2017 at 3:42 PM
    Korndog1284

Member:
    First Name:
    J03l
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 Off Road DCLB MGM
    Sanders: I like them, I have used the "Cheaper" corded sanders from Ryobi and porter tools. I have found that the corded ones had more vibration that created more fatigue in my hands. Essentially the went numb after 30 minutes of usage. I have been using the 18v sanders for the last year; they are the first ones I reach for these days.

Angle Grinder:
    I would not use this without the 4ah battery, I have used them for cutting rebar, bolts and unistrut. It works well and cuts like a champ, however if I am going to cut a lot I pull out the harbor freight angle grinder.

9. Jun 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM
    cliffyk

cliffyk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 TRD Sport 145k miles
    Took a chance in late April and bought a couple of these 4.5 Ah aftermarket Ryobi Li batteries on Amazon ($30 each then)--they are great. I have been using them mostly with an older Ryobi "sawzall" (one of the blue ones) with a 10" pruning blade to cut and trim trees on our 2-1/2 acre lot. Most recently my son an I used two saws for two days in a row cleaning up after A tornado went through on June 6th.

We cut everything from 1" branches to 4" maples and a couple 7" oak trees that came down--each battery held up for over 4 hours of work, probably 1+ hr actual runtime before we noticed any power drop. Each charged up in 2-1/2 hours on the Ryobi "30 minute" charger (I found that rating is 30 minutes to bring a 1.5 Ah battery up to 80% charge) and was ready to go again.

Highly recommended as an alternative to Ryobi's pricey batteries...

10. Jul 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    cliffyk

cliffyk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 TRD Sport 145k miles
    I borrowed a neighbor's Ryobi P2006 18 V trimmer a couple weeks ago when my old gas-powered Homelite decided it needed it's carburetor cleaned and rebuilt for the 23rd time.

Not expecting to, I found myself quite surprised by the amount of power it had and the solid 30 minutes runtime it delivered with my 4.5 Ah battery. It was loaded with 0.065" "twisted" line¹ and did a great job trimming light and heavy grass, even small maple and oak seedlings. It was OK doing some light edging but I did mostly trimming--trimming around the edges and trees, etc. on our entire 2+ acre lot (1-1/4 of which is "manicured") it used up one full charge and 1/2 of the other battery's charge--and about 1/2 spool of line.

It went so well that I sought out a deal on one and ran into a "reconditioned" kit online at Home Depot, $80 with free shipping and a one year warranty. It is a newer model (P2008) with a different and to my eye improved head pivot design, and came with a 4.0 Ah Ryobi P108 battery and their P118 (50 W) charger. The newer model also has two speeds for better battery life when doing light duty work, and a 11" or 13" cut as opposed to the older model's 10" and 12" cut:

[​IMG]

Got it Wednesday, everything looks like new and except for the heat-stamped letters "RECON" on each component could pass as new. The battery was fully charged, it was loaded with a full spool of 0.080" twisted line. So after screwing the upper and lower arm assemblies together and installing the lower guard I was off to do some edging along the main road out front, and three sides of our T-shaped drive--some 475 feet of edging that took a bit over 35 minutes and just the single 4.0 Ah battery that came with the kit.

I really was not expecting an 18 V "happy-homeowner" cordless trimmer to be this capable, and believe the 0.080" twisted line makes a big difference as compared to the 0.065" stuff the older model and most light duty trimmers spin. Think I'll put off rebuilding the Homelite's carburetor for a bit and see how it holds up...

----------------------------------
    ¹ - It is claimed that the "twisted" line is more aerodynamic than the plain ol' round line, and provides longer battery life in cordless tools. This is quite possible as "round" has just about the worst aerodynamics of any shape--except maybe a Tacoma...

11. Aug 27, 2018 at 7:58 PM
    ThunderOne

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Just picked up a drill on eBay (P208B) and now a hand vac (P714) with an extra 4aH battery for my system. The drill seems adequate and the LED lights are a plus. It doesn't seem like the trigger is quite as precise at super low speeds like my old dewalt. I haven't had the chance to really use it yet. Will report back on it and the hand vac shortly. Was thinking about getting the stick vac but the reviews were hit or miss and it wasn't worth the $150+ investment.

B469C3B1-2B09-47CA-91E8-03644BD36CEF.jpg
    7CB9E9A5-EBEC-40F5-BE2E-4BFB76983287.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Biscuits and I married my tacoma like this.
  12. Aug 27, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    OSUTacoma

OSUTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OHIO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Dbl cab 4X4
    Jumpers LEDS , ImMrYo mirror bracket , Cali Raised light bar w/Mojavemadman flush mount bracket , Gator trifold tonneau cover , Redline hood lift kit
    I'm thinking about getting the 18V circular saw . I've had good luck with Ryobi so far.

13. Apr 19, 2022 at 6:57 AM
    Toyko Joe

Member:
    Tool Review:

Milwaukee M18 FUEL drill with Hammer setting vs Ryobi ONE+ HP 18V Brushless Cordless 1 in. SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill. I had to remove a chimney and drill a lot of holes for tapcons over the last two weeks and this is my review after using both tools.
    • Milwaukee Positives
        • Powerful
        • Great metal 1/2" chuck
        • Two Speed
        • Hammer drill setting
        • TORQUE!
      • Negatives
        • TORQUE on high speed is a bit much especially when addressing smaller hole sizes, I actually am only using slow speed now.
    • Ryobi Positives
        • Powerful
        • Hammer/chisel setting
        • Hammer drill up to 1"
        • Small convenient size for maneuvering in tight areas
        • Cost (when buying with a Home Depot deal)
      • Negatives
        • LED Placement, I keep putting my hand right over the LED.
    Let me just say both are very impressive tools and for the amount of money I have spent... I can recommend both to anyone.

Sig45 likes this.
  14. Sep 14, 2022 at 8:34 AM
    Toyko Joe

Member:
    I recently bought a Ryobi HP+ Brushless 16" mower. I was a bit hesitant to buy it but I pulled the trigger. I needed my lawn mowed and I was willing to try it for within the 90day return policy window. First impression was, this is neat and it could be great for what little space I need a push-mower in.

This mower just does not do the work of the gas mower, and I have only gotten it to perform using the High Performance 18+ batteries, it is compatible with all 18+ batteries however any of the other 4Ah batteries I tried to use only get 3-5 minutes of runtime before shutting down on over-temperature. All and all the bagger and mower work great however the means of powering this unit is not comparable to what I have to use it for.

I would give it a 3/5. As it does function but not to the expectations I have for it.

E3752629-4528-44B0-8D33-D5BC6B4AEB77.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top