1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sacrifices to be aware of for lowered bed rails - re: (factory-installed) Extang Encore tonneau

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by CarpeCervidae, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Jul 19, 2017 at 7:36 AM
    CarpeCervidae

CarpeCervidae [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited in Quicksand, double cab, short bed, BAKFlip MX4 tonneau
    Hello. Brand new to the forum, and I love what I'm seeing for crowd-sourced info. I think I'll stick around for a long time. :)

I ordered a 2017 Tacoma SR5 4x4, and elected to also get the factory-installed hard tri-fold & lockable tonneau cover (seems to be the Extang Encore). Since the accessory rail mounting points are used to install this tonneau, but that I can still use the rails for at least the tie-down cleats if I mount the rails just underneath (with the included brackets), what an I sacrificing for accessories when considering this lower rail clearance to the bed floor?

Some options in mind are bed dividers, bed extenders, and maybe others - frankly, this will be my very first pickup ever.

Also, would love to know of any accessories that are flexible/compatible to that lower rail height.

Thanks much!!!

John

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top