1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sad news and some people really piss me off

Discussion in 'North West' started by nosbusa, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    nosbusa

nosbusa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    noah
    colorado springs
    Vehicle:
    i dont own a toyota
    more than any one person should have done
    i can understand not being able to help. many think that they are not useful, but you would be surprised how useful you could be. i dont understand the people taking photos. if you can get out of your vehicle to take pictures, you can check on occupants involved in the crash. by the time emergency personnel showed up, there were several vehicles stopped and they all stayed in their vehicle. which is fine. let the emergency response team do their job. but these idiots were standing outside their vehicles taking pictures before they showed up. to me is just seems heartless to do that. take pics after you check on people. not when you are first on scene

2. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Being helpful doesn't mean you have to perform hands-on first-aid or do a roadside tracheotomy. If you have the wherewithal to photograph and record a chaotic scene, you have the wherewithal to check a pulse, hold a hand, or drape a jacket over someone in shock. It really doesn't take any level of training or battle-hardened nerves to help in a situation like that.

ruffridha9 likes this.
  3. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    nosbusa

nosbusa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    noah
    colorado springs
    Vehicle:
    i dont own a toyota
    more than any one person should have done
    its very sad. these people were well known in their town. i am hoping to visit the boys in the next couple days

4. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    O906

O906 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I disagree that if you can stand 50ft away and take a picture that means you can get inches from a gruesome accident and check a pulse.

5. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    steelhd

steelhd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
    They still exist. For example here in Washington State;

RCW 4.24.300
    Immunity from liability for certain types of medical care.

(1) Any person, including but not limited to a volunteer provider of emergency or medical services, who without compensation or the expectation of compensation renders emergency care at the scene of an emergency or who participates in transporting, not for compensation, therefrom an injured person or persons for emergency medical treatment shall not be liable for civil damages resulting from any act or omission in the rendering of such emergency care or in transporting such persons, other than acts or omissions constituting gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct. Any person rendering emergency care during the course of regular employment and receiving compensation or expecting to receive compensation for rendering such care is excluded from the protection of this subsection.
    (2) Any licensed health care provider regulated by a disciplining authority under RCW 18.130.040 in the state of Washington who, without compensation or the expectation of compensation, provides health care services at a community health care setting is not liable for civil damages resulting from any act or omission in the rendering of such care, other than acts or omissions constituting gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct.

Jester243 likes this.
  6. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM
    Jks1

Jks1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    SLC, UTAH
    Vehicle:
    14 dcsb offroad
    Your actions all around are very commendable :hattip:.

Hope your doing ok yourself, I don't know your background but I imagine that's tuff for anyone

7. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:44 PM
    ruffridha9

ruffridha9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma base
    stock ish
    Yea that's a pretty shitty person

8. Nov 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Although I agree with your sentiment you have to understand some people just don't have the knowledge, let alone the courage, to come help in a situation like this. Some people still feel that attempting to help will lead to more harm than good, and some people fear legal repercussions in these cases no matter what state you're in.

A 20 year old basic college girl ain't gonna come out of her car to pry open a door...she's gonna wop out her phone and take selfies.

These kind of people leave it to the "professionals"

I don't think this is something worth ranting about because in the end there's nothing you can do and you can't change an individual's ideology.

End rant of a rant/

9. Nov 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM
    Pittrider

Pittrider Pitty, those needing correction.

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM LTD LB
    Do you need to know, or care?
    I read all the way through this thread and agree on most of the points that have already been posted.

To you OP, you should be proud of your actions and sad about having to witness such a tragedy. I can see being upset with people taking pictures, while YOU render whatever help possible. I'm sorry you had to witness this, it's something you won't soon forget.

I've also seen some tragedy and acted as first responder on a few accidents that I happen to witness. Funny how people react, in one case a female driver who pulled out into the path of a motorcycle (sending the driver over the hood and about 100' head-over-heels down the road) was frozen behind the wheel like a statue. Totally non-responsive to anything. Motorcycle driver wanted to get up, but I held him down until the paramedics arrived, just in case of any spinal injury. In the end he was ok, just a lot of road rash. Woman's young daughter was in the back seat crying loudly, and the mother wasn't reacting to that either. People can act differently in stressful situations, but I don't think taking pictures should be a normal response, and posting to personal media is just plain morbid and cruel.

10. Nov 24, 2016 at 12:11 PM
    Ory69

Ory69 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Sport Access Cab in Speedway Blue
    has the fancy Pioneer stereo - video thingy that I can't figure out
    +1 (at least) right there! You did what most of us would do. It's only natural care for our fellow humans! To HELL with the ones that just think they need to start their cell phone videos! I am so sick of that. You really held your composure by not going over and smashing those phones AND the people. Of course, I know you were too busy giving aid to be doing that. Kudos to you, again!

11. Nov 24, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    Ory69

Ory69 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Sport Access Cab in Speedway Blue
    has the fancy Pioneer stereo - video thingy that I can't figure out
    Albeit true that a lot of people don't help because they don't know HOW........ they have NO excuse for not knowing how to help. It's common decency for your fellow mankind! LEARN! CARE!

Products Discussed in

To Top