1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Same Questions...different guy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bradmx421, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    bradmx421

bradmx421 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport 2wd
    Maxtrac 4" spindles, 1" AAL in the rear,
    ...whats up guys. long time lurker. and ive been using the search buton alot trying to find exactly how i want to build my Tacoma. getting the good ol check from uncle sam in a few weeks and its time to update the Tacoma. 2010 DCLB Sport 2wd

im going to start out with a 4" spindle lift in the front. and was wondering what you guys think i should do for tires to give it a good Prerunner look. im going to eventually get Fiberwerxs glass fenders and bedsides when i can save up more for them. i wont honestly be using it much for Off-Roading.....i race motocross so it will be my daily driver/go to the track ocassional Ocotillo wells/Beaumont trips. but i have more fun on my bike than a truck so i dont want to get too carried away. i want to run a 33" tire but dont know what width will look the best..... 285 or 255(stock 17" wheels). and also what size wheel spacers will i need for each application. i dont want my tires to stick out really wide. also has anyone left the stock alone and not had any rubbing issues in the rear with 33"s. working with a limited budget but i dont want to do anything really ghetto like spacer lifts. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I can't really answer your questions because my truck is bone stock but WELCOME TO TW!

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    HolyReptar

HolyReptar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bry
    Ventura
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4
    brad check with the company that makes the spindle to see what their recommended tire size is.... I had a silverado that ran CST 4" spindle and I rubbed with 285/70/17 at full tuck so I am going to guess these will probably rub around the same if not more but I not 100% sure so I hope someone else will chime in... IMO Id going for a smaller tire if your going to run the stock wheels...

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    4" spindles in the front, All-pro expedition leaf springs with new shocks in the rear, and some 285's is the way to go IMO. If your going to stay on the street mostly you should not have any problems with rubbing.

Welcome to TW

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    bradmx421

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport 2wd
    do i have to get a leaf pack in the back? im trying to stay low budget but not ghetto. no blocks or spacers(for lift, i dont mind wheel spacers)

from what ive read on all my studys on here is that the 255's wont rub in the front....i need spacers for 285's. but what is the minimum spacer i have to get because i dont want me wheels sticking out way past my fenders. the one thing im unclear of is.... because of the massive stink bug my truck already does in the back is if i have to get a AAL or what in the rear? and do i even need the wheel spacers for the rear?

like i said eventually it will get glassed. and then after that im most likely stepping up to some fox shocks all around.

for right now it seems spindles are the way to go in the front....and i wont have to replace them unless i go ot LT and i would switch back to stock because i dont want a tall lift.

6. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    bradmx421

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport 2wd
    so im going to go with the 285/70-17's(BFG AT) on the stock TRD wheels. 4" spindles (havent decided which ones yet).

im thinking either 1.25 spacers or 1.5 not sure which would be best

not sure how much of an AAL i should get. i do want it to sit nose high...but not super nose high. just like an inch. so i was thinking either a 1" or 1.5" AAL

what else am i missing?

To Top