1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by neontrail, May 22, 2009.

?

Same-sex marriage

1. I am OK with it

93 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. NO!!!! Never

85 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Whatever, just stay away from me

71 vote(s)
    28.5%
  1. May 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I'm not equating them either. But the point is should society be advocating it just because they believe they're born that way or happen to find it pleasurable.

There may come a day soon when the age of consent is lowered. Even now, pedophilia is being introduced as a sexual orientation deserving hate crime protection:
    http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/main...pedophiles-against-lsquohate-speechrsquo.aspx
    Even though you and I consider it deviant, it could be one day be legally recognized. At one point, homosexuality was also considered a deviant behavior.

2. May 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Good point. Muslim men already marry and "rape" little girls legally.

3. May 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    It's all good man. No intention of shooting here.

I worked with a ton of homosexuals for years in retail before I got back into machining. Before I moved to CO one of my really close friends was a homo. Well, right up until he tried to stick his finger in my butt and said it was an accident. :eek: Just kidding just kidding. He was a really good gay person. Nobody go and throw a tizzy now.

I'm the guy who doesn't want to see 2 guys kissing or acting all lovey dovey cuz it grosses me out. :puke: I'm also the guy who has searched the internet for 2 chicks kissing and acting all lovey dovey cuz it turns me on. :p I'm the guy who doesn't mind hanging out with a gay guy if he's cool. I'm also the guy who wants to strangle that flamboyant idiot in the mall trying to get attention just because he wants people so badly to accept that he's here and queer.

The poll was about same sex marriage. If the definition of the word marriage is upheld then I see it as impossible for a (wo)man and a (wo)man to be married. Funniest thing to me is gays always say I just can't not be gay all the sudden. Well, same thing for words. you can't just change a words definition all the sudden cuz you don't like what it means.

I personally feel homosexuals should drop the marriage battle and start focusing on the partnership aspect. Either way there's always going to be a lot of people who do not understand and will refuse to accept this lifestyle.

:stirthepot::notsure::stirthepot:

4. May 22, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock

Yea, what's with those minorities tearing up the fabric of society. I think David Duke will agree with you.

5. May 22, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Not accepting it doesn't mean I don't understand it. I'm just not a moral relativist.

6. May 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    :D My bad. And there will always be people who understand what being a homosexual is but will not accept it. Good now?

7. May 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    haha no no i sure wouldnt :D

8. May 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    Being a straight married guy, I have to say that if you don't believe in same sex marrage (or abortion, while we're at it.) then don't have one. For me to say that you can't is sticking my nose in way too far where it just doesn't belong. That's not my call. If it makes you happy and no one gets hurt, have at it. I have no problem with it.

9. May 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired

Yah, that goes back to the equality battle tho

10. May 22, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    David Duke is a fringe far right wing lunatic.....I disdain his beliefs as much as I do left wing liberals.

11. May 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Most of Europe said the same thing about Hitler throughout the 1930's (ignore him, he's harmless), to their later regret. NO MAN IS AN ISLAND.

12. May 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    Right. Sure does. I thought stating my last sentence of "Either way there's always going to be a lot of people who do not understand and will refuse to accept this lifestyle." was showing that I don't think there will ever be a feeling of equality with this issue.

But . . . just because the people don't feel gays are equal doesn't mean that they might not get some sort of resolve to their issue. There's still a ton of racists in America and yet we have a black president.

So what I'm saying is maybe in the future we'll have a gay president and everything will be ssssssuper! Actually what I'm saying is things eventually work out for any group of individuals (assuming that group is not in the somewhere in the Middle East:goingcrazy:). Gays are more and more prominent in todays society. You think that's going away?!? No, they really are here and totally queer and they'll probably be more and more "accepted" as time goes on.

You guys ever see that special on J. Edgar Hoover? A lot of people think he was gay. Has nothing to do with anything. Just a tidbit.

13. May 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    I think it is better stated as "not the same" rather than "not equal".

14. May 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...

neither does oral sex....so i guess any guy getting head is out of the question...or any guy poppin his wife intthe pooper....

looks at all the tools on the bachelor, bachelorette, donald trump, britney spears, etc and they are the ones fucking up marriage, not gay people. my moms have been together longer than most hetero couples. when th divorce rate is higher than 50% likeit is now, there is nothing "sacred" to it. ur also pushing religious bullshit on an establishment that runs w/o it. two athiests can go and get married at a courthouse as long as they're straight and thats fine....they're sinners for not believing in the "almighty", right??? potato, potatoe

15. May 22, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    Gotta love hypocracy.

16. May 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    "Poppin the wife in the pooper"....ok, you agree then man and woman. Unless you are saying "wife" is a man. Look, you can pretend to equate "what" men and women do as making them "the same", but you're missing the entire point. God bless your moms (which I suspect is an invention for the sake of this argument by your tone). Lastly: there you go again attacking my belief system, which by the way tells me that we are ALL sinners, but capable of redemption. I'm not asking, suggesting, inferring or requiring that you adhere to my beliefs. Don't think for a second I will believe in yours. I've been married 25 years - when you deride the sanctimony of marriage, speak for yourself.

17. May 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i think gay people should be unhappily married as us straight people :)

18. May 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Closing out thread.......sorry that everyone had to read my opinions. Butt fuckers need to unite, they can't believe in themselves as one.

19. May 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    SaltySteve

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    :D

20. May 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    no_werries

no_werries Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    Religion! Who is right and who is wrong??? A fight to the death will solve this question!

Products Discussed in

To Top