1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Samoans LOVE their Tacomas!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rhoppas, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Dec 13, 2008 at 12:30 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I doubt there is a place with a higher percentage of Tacomas. I am on the small island of American Samoa (about half way between Hawaii and New Zealand) for a few days on business. I would say that at least 2/3 of all vehicles on the road are Tacomas. Very old ones to brand new ones. I have not seen any Speedway Blue ones yet. They have one main road in Samoa that is nothing but curves. The speed limit on the entire island is 25 mph. The family rides in the open bed of the Tacoma. Even during the rains today I saw many Tacos driving down the road with a full load of people in the back. The absolute strangest thing is their public transportation system. They take an old Taco, remove the cab and bed, and put what looks like the back end of an old small school bus onto it. They are the strangest looking vehicles and they are everywhere. I will try to get some pictures before I leave.

2. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    Fish Tacos

Fish Tacos Active Member

Member:
    Conn
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    add some pics if you can please. sounds wild.

3. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    some pics would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Dec 14, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    whoa that sounds worse than hawaii...haha

5. Dec 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Subscribing for pics...:)

6. Dec 14, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Subscribing...

:worthless::D

7. Dec 15, 2008 at 12:05 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Sorry it has taken so long. I had very limited free time in Samoa. I will try to get some pics up on Wednesday. Traveling back from Samoa is a nightmare.

8. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Here are the pics of the Samoan Aiga bus I promised. The vast majority of them are built from an old Tacoma, however there are other trucks used also. Unfortunately I was the chauffer most of the week so these pics were taken by someone else. I wished he would have taken some shots from a head-on angle. A couple of them are a bit fuzzy because he took alot of the pics from the van with the side door open while we were moving.

IngaBusBrown.jpg

IngaBusGreen.jpg

IngaBusRed.jpg

IngaBusWhite.jpg

9. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Here are a couple other pics I really liked. One is from atop one of the hills overlooking a bay. The van just about didn't make it to the top and back down. By the time we got to the top it was overheating and we had to let it cool. By the time we got back to the bottom the brakes were hotter than hell and stinking. The other pic is a very nice bar, called Tisa's, built right on the ocean. It was soooo beautiful! The only downside was a can of OFF bug repellent sitting on each table. They are having a bad time fighting dengue fever this year. It is carried by mosquitoes. The local IT guy and his wife have both had it in the last couple months.

SamoaCove.jpg

SamoaTisaBar.jpg

10. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Crazy! Thanks for the pics. :)

11. Dec 17, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Does that red/yellow one have flames painted on it? Strange beasts.

12. Dec 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    It probably has flames. Most of them are painted in very bright colors with the village name written on the side in large letters.

13. Dec 17, 2008 at 8:35 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    ha thats pretty cool

To Top