1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tacomarotto, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Jun 22, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Oh, I just came back from Germany about six months ago. Using a service provider here to connect in Europe is extremely expensive. The phone system is also different, so smart phones purchased here may not even work. The Samsung phone I used there certainly didn't work here (with an American provider). If you're going to be in Germany for a while, I'd wait to buy something there. Smart phones (all brands, all models) are available nearly everywhere, even on military bases.

The very best deals can be found at Media Markt (www.mediamarkt.com). English language customer service is widely available and the store offers both pre-paid or contract plans from T-Mobile, Vodaphone, o2, E-Plus, and similar. The phones themselves (menus, apps, etc) are also in English (a menu selection). Tech support is a nightmare however (English rarely available), so befriend a German co-worker who can help you.

By the way, Deutsche Telekom AG (T-Mobile for cellular, T-Com for internet, etc) also offers very fast internet connections. Other companies sell internet access, but all go through Deutsche Telekom (who handles the internet infrastructure in that country). I tried a couple of those other companies, but eventyally ended up with T-Com instead. Whenever there was a problem, all of those companies had to contact Deutsche Telekom. Easier for me, with a T-Com account, to just contact Deutsche Telekom myself. Same language problem with tech support though, but you can at least eventually get someone who speaks English if you're persistent enough.

2. Jun 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I agree. I have the original Droid still that I jumped into a lake with it in my pocket, still working. It is on permanent Torque duty in the Taco. I also have a DroidX currently that has been through much abuse. Most recently I tossed it onto my passenger seat with a little too much gusto and it bounced right out the window and into a lawn. That shot did a little damage, I have a line of pixels in the screen that are out and it's growing. Still damn impressive overall and I hope the Samsung will hold up to my abuse as well as the Motorola phones have.

3. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  4. Jun 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Jedi7Taco

Jedi7Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC LB sport Indigo Ink
    Stuff...
  5. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    Well I caved today and ditched the Blackberry for a Galaxy S3...:eek: What an upgrade!
    Anyone else? OP? How's yours?

6. Jul 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I did the same. Ditched a blackberry for S3. It was definitely a huge upgrade. lol I'm loving mine.

7. Jul 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    justt went from galaxy s to s3 huge difference!

Products Discussed in

To Top