1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Antonio Monthly Meet

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tmreyes1, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Dec 31, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    roydog

roydog Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Texas Edition
    IronBull Pre-Runner bumper Torchstar LED Headlights Vison X cannon lights 2" leveling kit on the front 1" leveling kit on the reat Viper Remote Start
    well that just sucks... maybe we can revive it?

2. Dec 31, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    Wobbly

Wobbly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    El Guapo
    San Quilmas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Texas Edition SR5 Prerunner
    Dome Light, map lights mod, side molding, WeatherTech floorliners, 5100s, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, clear bra front end, Redline Elite hood struts, Pelfreybilt FSP
    Whaaaa??? Not just me bubba, the group as a whole. Everytime a get together comes around it seems everybody has something else to do or the time is inconvenient or blah blah blah.:confused:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. Dec 31, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Lol I've noticed that on the other SA thread, you say something regarding wheeling or meeting up and no one cares.

4. Dec 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    Wobbly

Wobbly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    El Guapo
    San Quilmas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Dome Light, map lights mod, side molding, WeatherTech floorliners, 5100s, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K&N drop-in filter, clear bra front end, Redline Elite hood struts, Pelfreybilt FSP
    Really? I went back and checked my posts and I couldn't find it.....your trolling will only go so far.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  5. Dec 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    tc98tacoma

tc98tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nik
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98tacoma4x4
    3inch toytec coils 5100's, aal(soon to be replaced), 33/12.5 km2s, + a money hole...
    As long as its jot the first or third weekend of the month I'm in lol got my kids then
    Even during the week I'm up for meets too

6. Dec 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    TashcomerTexas

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The hell are you talking about?
    I was talking in general about the other thread

7. Jan 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM
    roydog

roydog Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Texas Edition
    IronBull Pre-Runner bumper Torchstar LED Headlights Vison X cannon lights 2" leveling kit on the front 1" leveling kit on the reat Viper Remote Start
    Well maybe we can start small and see what happens? Just a thought there. Hope all yall folks had a happy hew years.

8. Jan 2, 2015 at 1:07 PM
    Primo 95

Primo 95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Primo!
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4X4
    265/75/16 S/T Maxx 16X8.5 Level 8 Trackers 5100 1.75 HID, LED interior, 3" N-Fab step bars
    My advice to you, is just organize something you like and is agreeable with most people i.e. Central location like I-10 or 281, a weekend, set it out about a month in advance. I successfully organized our largest meets in San Antonio a few years back with the goal of encouraging new members to join and come out, instead of a meet for the usual inner circle. And it was great for a few months(there are plenty of photos)...until the usual started to happen.

The problem has always been the minute someone suggests a meet, the same usual suspects have to immediately be Debbie Downers and cant make it because of work, kids, wife, money, etc, etc. A couple of these clowns don't even have Tacomas! So then the time and place gets whittled down to some obscure time and place that is only convenient to a the same few on 2 day notice, so nobody shows up. Then people wanted to meet on Wednesday, then a mod day at some ones house with lots of beer...and that kind of stuff just turns of people off. Then at the big Toyota Factory meet, some comments were made about people's Tacomas and I know some people got their feelings hurt.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but that is, the way it is. I wish it wasn't. I wish we could have a regular meet, with mature regulars, with new members showing up each time and feeling welcome, just like other cities have. I love cars & trucks and the people who also enjoy them. I really enjoyed giving advice to new guys with stock Tacomas, and meeting new people.

A good start might be Cars & Coffee (At the Rim from Lowes - Staples) which is this coming Saturday, 1/10/15 at 8:00am. While it is mostly cars, the Jeep & Range Rover clubs are starting to have a bigger showing in recent months. Everyone meet in front of the Staples, and try drive and park like adults (No burnouts, no loud stereo, no asshat parking). And if you cant make it, we don't care and don't say anything. If you can make it..say so and park next to each other in front of Staples and introduce yourselves.

Another good possible place if someone wants to organize at time, where I have seen the Jeep club meet is at is the former Old West Burger on 1604 & Locke Hill Selma...it just reopened as Big Bobs Burgers...plenty of parking along the freeway and a place to eat. (It is the big colorful shopping center with a few night clubs in it)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  9. Jan 2, 2015 at 1:38 PM
    TashcomerTexas

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lol I'm curious, what happened at the Toyota factory meet?

10. Jan 3, 2015 at 3:37 AM
    Whitespaceship

Whitespaceship Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio (Helotes)
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Leveling Kit, 32' Wrangler Authority, 10' Kicker Sub, 450w JL audio amp, blacked out emblems, aftermarket Sony stereo, just got it 2 weeks ago looking to do more!
    Yeah the last meet I think we had was at wingstop but it was decent and there was about 10+ tacomas? I'd be down to meet again I have later part of week and weekends off. Mod day sounds dope!

11. Jan 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, man! My response was to your super short reply "Lack of enthusiasm" and not the actual meaning behind it.

Haven't you seen the movie "Yes, man!" :p
    "Trim the fat" :D. :p

12. Jan 3, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    And Primo, I completely agree with you on the "debbie downers" part! They just kill the hype. :p If I'm not able to make it I won't even bother responding.

:D

All my posts are meant to be sarcastic and never offending : )

13. Jan 3, 2015 at 6:29 AM
    Primo 95

Primo 95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Primo!
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4X4
    265/75/16 S/T Maxx 16X8.5 Level 8 Trackers 5100 1.75 HID, LED interior, 3" N-Fab step bars
    Well there you go...from now on...if you cant make it, keep it to yourself. We only want to hear positive responses.
    Whoever sets up the next meet schedule it at least 10 days in advance..so people can make arrangements, and I think it is universally accepted...the weekend is the best time.

So who is down for Cars & Coffee next Saturday 1/10/15 at 8:00am at the Rim? It is already set...let see who can make it or shows up. We will hopefully meet a few new folks and then setup something for Tacoma's only in the near future.

On a side note someone from the Toyota Plant brought out a Tundra Pro before they were on the street...It had Manufacturer Plates on it...so I am hoping somebody will bring out the new Tacoma after the unveiling in Detroit.

20140712_081715_zps96nvnmii_a2200980d336c33e7dd657da95d93dbd82c41ce7.jpg

14. Jan 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Mmm that sucks I'm gonna be outta town!

:laugh:

Jk no plans as of yet! :p

15. Jan 3, 2015 at 6:07 PM
    tc98tacoma

tc98tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nik
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98tacoma4x4
    3inch toytec coils 5100's, aal(soon to be replaced), 33/12.5 km2s, + a money hole...
    Yeah that was the last one and a few runners and stuff showed up. That was cool. And yeah agree with primo. Let's organize a good date and then all the other mod days or last minute trail runs, who ever can make it goes and leave it at that....but like I said I'm pretty flexible. As long at its not the first or second weekend of the month I'll show...cause of my.kiddos
    But I enjoyed the meet like at bass pro shops and when we would do wingstop. But a more central location would be perfect

16. Jan 3, 2015 at 6:13 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    :thumbsup:

17. Jan 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    Wobbly

Wobbly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    El Guapo
    San Quilmas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Great summation Primo 95. Someone earlier posted on here after attending one get together as more of a "high school reunion than a meet". FAIL. I've attended one meetup and it was like "let's hurry up and eat and hit the trails". To my mind a Meetup to get more to come out would be more oriented to dining, coffee/beer, truck discussion/mods/support for NFGs (like me) and NOT making fun of potential members. A Hooters/Twin Peaks/Native New Yorker are examples of places not to have meets. If all you want is a good time, do it on your own time. From what I read Austin/Houston don't appear to have the problem we're experiencing. Remember different people are looking for different things out of a meet. Sorry for the rant.

And as an afterthought....meets in the I-10 corridor west of Wurzbach should be discouraged, it's all under construction out there and is totally screwed up..traffic is horrible. Right now the odds are against you for not being in an accident out there.

Can we do better? You betcha :cookiemonster:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  18. Jan 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM
    Wobbly

Wobbly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    El Guapo
    San Quilmas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    The key word was "you"......meaning me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  19. Jan 4, 2015 at 10:35 PM
    Wobbly

Wobbly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    El Guapo
    San Quilmas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    No problem Ink....:cool:

20. Jan 4, 2015 at 10:52 PM
    TashcomerTexas

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Not to come off strong but I think you might have a comprehension problem.
    First off, I was never talking to you. I was adding to the fact that when someone says something regarding meeting up in the SA thread no one pays attention and proceeds to another conversation.
    Second, I said "you" in general addressing the situation. Example: "You get in the car and naturally you start it next"
    Third, the form of you being used was actually addressing myself in second person.
    Fourth now stop stirring shit so we can all get back on track here.

Products Discussed in

To Top