1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Diego BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Speed Freek, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    mercurymullet

mercurymullet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    gary
    el cajon/lakeside
    Vehicle:
    can't afford a toyota
    bronco frame under a mountaineer
    Hate mud. Boxed frame helps but still nasty. I went to super one year and got my truck stuck. Came home and it started raining so I parked it in the yard. Good thing, I was renting and didnt want the landlord to get complaints of mud in the street. moved out came back a year later and some of the mud clumps were still in the yard.

2. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Hahahaha I can relate; the mud/clay/dead-fish-body-muck that I pulled out still sits there on the side of my driveway. No rain can destroy it. 'Had to scoop that shit out of the C-channel with my hands. It did not smell good.

3. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    TuffRuffDangerous

TuffRuffDangerous Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB
    Salex glovebox/console organizers, Philips H4 MotoVision headlight bulbs, Optilux H10 Extreme Yellow XY foglight bulbs, csjumper2003 LED domelight & license plate bulbs
    My friend took this pic in front of Morse High School yesterday. I think a Prerunner could've made it through.

[​IMG]

4. Oct 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Well, if it was that meet at my spot a couple years ago, I dont remember who I told when I head you guys were going to Salton sea to stay about 1000 yards from the water, my warning fell on deaf ears, hahaha.

I have been going out to the area for years and knew you guys would be cought up in a shitstorm literally.

If you dont get that stuff off in a few hours it etches the metal and paint pretty badly due to all the alkalinity in the water/mud from all the farmers runoff, thats why Salton sea is a graveyard now, it gets all the runoff yet they cut the feed from the colorado river so it doesnt get refilled anymore to try ad dilute the poison in the water, such a sad thing..

And these fucking greenie cocksuckers are trying to shut down Ocotillo Wells, Fuck you Karen Schambach!!! Eat my dick!

Maybe try to fix the Salton sea since that actually matters, oh wait, that wouldnt hurt the off-road community, silly me..I forgot it wasn't about actually trying to do good, its about trying to attack off-roaders any way they can. If some crazy guy wants to start a serial type attack I think it should be aimed at these sadistic, spiteful people, starting with the ringleader!!

OOps I slipped a little tangent in there real quick, I get sidetracked sometimes...:rolleyes:

Oh, late mornin to you fellas!

Going to go work on my bikes, I picked up 2 Honda CR500s, a 2001 and a 1999. Gonna take the motor out of one to put into a newer 2005+ Honda CRF250R frame and sell the other to pay for it. Been looking for a 500 for months, and finally came across a deal I couldnt pass up!

In the end it should almost be a wash! Pays to look for deals when you can find them...

5. Oct 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    boopie

boopie 05trdoffroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    05trdoffroad
    Toytec/Eibach Bilstein set at .85, URD TCAI , TRD catback exhaust,1.5" AAL
    I went to morse also. Still go to the barrel every once and a while to get the best carne asada fries in sd

6. Oct 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    lol I honestly did not hear your warning that day! I thought it would have been like the summer before when the shore was super dry; We drove pretty damn close to it with no problems, but alas the time we got stuck was only my second time there so I am in no way experienced with the area. I'll tell ya wut tho! Lots of stories can be told just from that one run on its own ;)

Lol and yeah! Fuck them politicians in the rear just like they're fucking our nation. Wish we could get the whole nation to completely ignore both parties for the next many years. It's the only peaceful thing I can think of aside from kindly asking both parties to step down. :mad:

7. Oct 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4cyl, 5spd
    When is it ??

8. Oct 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Trigo

Trigo Because fuck you that's why...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodrigo
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1st gen
    25-27th of this month IIRC

Not sure if I'm going yet, depends on how much cash I have around that time

9. Oct 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    jeffz0rz

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4cyl, 5spd
    Bummer. Gonna miss another one.

10. Oct 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Doug, on willow where the pavement ends (headed to the worm farm) there's a little unmarked trail on the uphill side of the road if you wanna explore it.
    I pulled up it a little and couldn't get up it with 2wd and open (didn't try it locked) but it just climbed up it in 4x4.

I know a 4x4 bronco got stuck up there a while ago, but i think he was doing stupid stuff to show off to his GF.

11. Oct 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    Found out last night that my grandpa in MS. has lymphoma, they're not sure what kind yet, but they're removing the cancer and part of his jaw bone on the 28th, and if it's an aggressive form of lymphoma then they'll take out his lymph nodes in his neck and chest.

12. Oct 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    linked2002

linked2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma, 3 linked, 6 over custom arms, cage
    links, custom 6 over arms, full 1.75 d.o.m. cage, 35 gallon cell, etc
    i feel your pain and all, but what ever happened to keeping personal family matters private?! just wondering why people feel the need to post where they are, what they are eating, how the performance of their last bowel movement was... wtf happened to good old fashioned shut the fuck upedness about private and personal matters?

YAY B.S. THREAD. i can rant all i want :)

i need another beer obviously....

13. Oct 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    alegav

alegav TeamBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T|X Baja
    Pelfreybilt IFS Skid, Mid Skid and Plate Bumper, Rigid Industries Dually's, ARB CKMA12 On Board Air, Kenwood TM-281A Radio, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Wheelers SuperBumps, Toytec Baja Spacer
    I need to get my new comm shit installed so I can go have some fun in the sand with you all. Desert season is approaching!

14. Oct 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    What's wrong with putting the info out there so people can pray for him/his family if they want?
    It ain't private/personal in their eyes, they know it's scattered over Facebook (not by me, but by my aunts, uncles, and other family members), and it's been spread by word of mouth to people they don't know.
    They don't care.

15. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    mercurymullet

Member:
    First Name:
    gary
    el cajon/lakeside
    Vehicle:
    can't afford a toyota
    bronco frame under a mountaineer
    Hey Jeff. Hitting up superstition weekend after Halloween

16. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    linked2002

linked2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma, 3 linked, 6 over custom arms, cage
    links, custom 6 over arms, full 1.75 d.o.m. cage, 35 gallon cell, etc
    to each their own i guess. i didnt intend for it to be taken as me attacking you in any way. its was just broaching the subject of why people feel to express all of this information that 10 years ago and prior all of this social media bullshit, families would have been ashamed to hear the information spread around town... maybe i just grew up a lot different.....

17. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
  18. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    CDSurfPhotography

CDSurfPhotography Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    I completely understand where you are coming from, there is a prayer section on TW if you're looking for prayers. Family matters should stay in the family, if I had a medical problem I wouldn't be very comfortable with a family member discussing it on a public forum. All that aside hope he gets better Jake

19. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    jeffz0rz

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4cyl, 5spd
    The 1st or the 8th?

20. Oct 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    mercurymullet

Member: