1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Diego BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Speed Freek, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Feb 3, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4cyl, 5spd
    Aaaand off to Work.

2. Feb 3, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGIE!!

For a guy who's older than the human act of farting, you still smell great :D

Thanks so much for all the help with my truck and invaluable lessons you've taught me. You're one of the most fun people to hang around with, man. You've always got a sense of humor that makes any of us smile no matter how our days are going. You've taught us all a thing or seven about the outdoors and working on our trucks- not everything has to be done in a shop. Of all things, thanks for passing down such great trail etiquette to all of us youngsters. This sport wouldn't exist without people like you who take their time to clean up the trails and pick up after themselves.

Live on, Doug. Live on. :cool:

O and thanks for the Happy Birthday you posted yesterday!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. Feb 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well stick around for a bit I'm getting ready to walk on water too.....

haha j/k:D Thank you Gregster & I hope somewhere between pissin' & moanin' & fucking off with nonsense I've passed on some knowledge to you guys, I know I've learned alot from ya'll as well.....Damn, 56 today, seems just like yesterday I was 55......:D

It's cool, David K is still older than me...haha...sorry dave...:)

4. Feb 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
  5. Feb 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler
    Fify

6. Feb 3, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Happy AARP Day Doug...

7. Feb 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

8. Feb 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    SoCaltaco65

Member:
    Vehicle:

9. Feb 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Happy birthday Doug

10. Feb 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    Does anyone have some 700lbs King springs laying around for 05+ Tacoma KING 2.5" OEM coil overs? I want to move up in spring rate from my 600lbs springs.

11. Feb 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    Chas of MRT

Chas of MRT Total Automotive Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra V8
    Airaid Bilstein
    Crazy stuff in PB last night! About 2:30am I hear what sounds like banging in the front of the house, at first I thought it was my neighbors going at it (We share a wall) but it got louder and sounded like it was coming from downstairs. I go to the top of the stairs and turn the light on, look down at the front door. I can see it shaking back and forth and the knob turning (I didnt lock the handle, only the deadbolt :| ) Thru the opaque door glass I can see a shadowy outline of a person behind it.

Thinking there is no one I know who would be doing this at the moment, I go to my room and grab my . I go down the stairs and am listening to the door, he doesnt know Im there. His hand reaches over to our front glass window and tries to slide it, but we have bars on them.

At this point I had had enough. I bang on the door and yell "HEY BRO YOU HAVE THE WRONG HOUSE, GET THE F OUT OF HERE BEFORE I START SHOOTING"

He stops for a second, he mumbles something incoherent, but I do catch the phrase "F you". Then, all of a sudden I hear water running like someone turned on a shower.

I look out the window and see water shooting out into the courtyard, and this dude on the ground soaking wet. I open the door, with my gun pointed right at him. I yell "Do you want to die tonight?" And he stumbles trying to get up mumbling "no no no"

He slips and somewhat comes toward me, I rack the gun (the unmistakable sound of a pump shotgun) and he stops dead in his tracks. He is three feet away from being turned into Swiss cheese, my adrenaline is pumping hard but I am calm, one finger on the trigger and the other on the safety.

All of a sudden my bodybuilder neighbor opens his door next to mine. The dude gets up and just takes off faster than a rocket. Wearing nothing but boxers I wasnt about to go chase him in the rain.

I call the cops, who take 25 minutes to show up - while I was waiting I am frantically trying to find the water main to shut it off. Home boy had fallen onto our hose spicket, impaled himself and broke it off the wall, so water was just shooting everywhere.

After being accidentally routed two 911 calls (HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN, ARE YOU JOKING ME), I was able to finally get to sleep around 4 am.

What a night! Just want to say that cops cant protect you - your protection is your responsibility. Arm yourself, train yourself, or maybe you'll end up the victim of a home invasion.

12. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    THEYCALLMECRAIG

THEYCALLMECRAIG Go ahead, shred.

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner
    Stock as a rock.
    Damn dude, and Im moving there in March. Good times but this shit happens everywhere.

13. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Hey thanks Jake.....:wave:

Depending where you live in PB this is actually fairly common, as you know theres a slew of bars around Mission blvd & aside from the usual homeless drunks theres many "tourist" that get trashed, then end up walking/stumbling around, leave the blvd area & end up in nearby neighborhoods fucked up out of their minds causing problems.... Sounds like you handled it well tho'... If it;d been me I can practically promise you I'd end up talking to homicide detectives, don't have the patients for it & find it very easy to squeaze out the lead if you know what I mean....

14. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    I know my cranky ass, easier to splatter him like a ripe tomato than try to deal/reason with their dumbass's.....just blow his useless, oxygen theiving ass away...seriously

15. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Good Job Chas, same way i would've handled it.

16. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    SoCaltaco65

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Wrong state to open up your front door with a gun and walk outside, especially if he wasn't armed, be careful about that.

And yes, SDPD response times, dpending on type of call, and in PB, can be long.

17. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler
    Shhhhhiet you must still have a blunderbuss

18. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

It's MY birthday & I say he dies....

19. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    SoCaltaco65

Member:
    Vehicle:

Walking cane....

20. Feb 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    WTF is a blunderbuss Leo ??..:notsure:

Shit ,that ain't no cane, thats my dick holding me up....like a tripod....haha

Products Discussed in

To Top