1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Diego BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Speed Freek, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Aug 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Meh, just sheet metal....:p

2. Aug 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Did you get them out!!?

3. Aug 1, 2016 at 1:28 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    And plastic, some nuts, studs, washers n stuff.
    Oh and amazing attention to detail! :thumbsup:

I did a 2nd gen one a couple weeks ago its snorkel season!!

So what did you guys and gals do for the weekend?
    I had a ride planned for yesterday and met up with 4 other buddies and we all went riding our bikes near Canyon Lake in Murrieta, lots of trails out there. Problem was it broke 100 degrees and was almost 80% humidity, pretty nasty weather for such a physical sport!!

One of our group came down a hill a little too hot, couldn't stop and did a flying W for about 10 feet and augered into the dirt straight onto his dome! Scared me a little, scratched his helmet pretty badly and while normally quite chatty he became nearly mute.

So besides being overheated and ready to throw in the towel we proceed to find a bunch of other big nasty hills to climb up to see who would "Take the cup" needless to say our buddy "Forkie", the one who had that glorious crash earlier, became a spectator and took all the Woman's ways around the rest of the hills. And Out of our total group of 5 riders I was the only one to clean all the hills in a single try except for one, had to come down and try again but made it with ease, doing one more another time while 3 of them were stuck, struggling somewhere on said hill, making sure to give them a bit of roost on my way by, hahaha. I am always very thoughtful of others during our rides!

I should have some video or pics at some point, waiting for him to post them up. I think he got the total crash on film, I was so glad I wasnt collected during his situation as I was off to the side a bit but had managed to stop, I was really hoping he wouldnt fixate on me! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

If anybody here rides dirtbikes and likes tough technical riding let me know if you like punishment!:wave::bikewheelie2::bikewhoops:

nfs257 and Adventurer_Alex like this.
  4. Aug 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Jason, planning a 4WD Baja trip in September with some other Toyotas (all off road prepped). They want to do some low range stuff, so Mission Santa Maria is a possibility. Is there any worry about not having the half of the factory skid plate you couldn't replace because it was so banged up from last time I went there? Is that part of the plate only protecting the diff? Did it really protect anything or it alone was the only thing to get banged?
    @Speed Freek

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Speed Freek[OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 1, 2016 at 8:02 PM
    4Running Daily

4Running Daily Long Live ZS

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Tempe/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota 4Runner
    Does anyone have a set of 1st gen Tacoma front springs laying around?

6. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:14 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    i've got some 5100's for the front BUT ! No place to do them, drive way is too steep & all I have is a jack, my tools are in Nv. :anonymous: I DO have 19mm (3/4") wrench /socket & 17mm/ 14mm which for this would probably do. So I guess I'm wondering if someone would like to offer up a place I can do this mind numbing experience, I can supply the beverage of choice & some sort of condiment of your choice as well...Damn I miss having a nice level slab....

7. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:28 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Saw a sweet black Tacoma in Escondido today around 6pm off 9th street coming out of the gas station. Swing out rear bumper with RTT and rack, fiberglass all around. Front tube bumper with skull and AK47s. Never seen the truck in town before. Anybody's on here?! It was like the desert expo rig of death...sweet!

8. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:41 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Anybody know where I can get a hold of one of these? I lost 1 the other day. T slot nut M14x12mm I believe. For the bedrail on 2nd gens. My besttop uses these...

9. Aug 1, 2016 at 10:06 PM
    4Running Daily

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Tempe/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota 4Runner
    He lives off Centre City in Esco. Don't think he's on here, but I see him at Vons all the time

10. Aug 1, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    I'm up in Menifee now but you have my number. Yell at me and let's do it.

4WD[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Aug 2, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    Mcdees84

Mcdees84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB-TRD O/R
    T-nutz.com has them. Check out the prinsu roof rack thread of that website is wrong. He lists where to find t nuts on his first page I think.

12. Aug 2, 2016 at 8:55 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Hi Chris I've had 3 phones in 2 years but pretty sure I still have it, maybe PM it anyway haha, Yeah that'd be great & I can finally check out yer sled dude....

13. Aug 2, 2016 at 10:43 AM
    Mcdees84

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB-TRD O/R
    Any recommendations on best salvage yard for 2nd gen tacomas? Looks like I might need a new front right speed sensor and figured I might as well check to see if I can find it cheaper than $140.

14. Aug 2, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
  15. Aug 2, 2016 at 1:46 PM
    Evenflow

Evenflow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DCSB 4x4
    Yes
    Do you need the actual sensor or just the wire,my ou can get just the wire and it is super easy to replace because there is a plug just above the wheel well and the plug at the sensor itself.

16. Aug 2, 2016 at 2:46 PM
    Mcdees84

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB-TRD O/R
    Awesome! Thanks.

Don't know yet. Still need to put a voltimeter on it to see where in the line it's failing.

17. Aug 3, 2016 at 8:52 PM
    Shennanigans

Shennanigans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD prerunner sr5 rwd
    none.... yet
    alright guys i am in desperate need of help, i was installing my long travel tonight on my first gen when i hit a snag, the long ass bolt that goes through the upper control arm didnt fit, even though it came out super easily. upon further inspection the sleeve (dont really know what to call it) is oblong and will not allow the bolt to pass through freely. all i can think to do is have that part cut off and to install a new one, the issue with that being that I am not skilled enough, nor do I have the tools to do it. and because i cannot get the upper arm on, i cant put a wheel on the truck to tow it, much less drive it to a shop. What are my options here? If you see this in another thread sorry gonna post it around because I am at a loss. I cant even put my stock stuff back on.

18. Aug 3, 2016 at 8:55 PM
    4Running Daily

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Tempe/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota 4Runner
    1st, where in San Diego are you located? 2nd the sleeve you say is bent, are we talking the sleeve that goes through the front coilover mount? Maybe a picture with whats bent would help

SKULLY likes this.
  19. Aug 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM
    Shennanigans

Shennanigans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD prerunner sr5 rwd
    none.... yet
    I was about to edit the post when my computer died. it is the sleeve on the coilover mount attached the the truck. I am located at sdsu, pics will come momentarily

20. Aug 3, 2016 at 9:00 PM
    4Running Daily

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Tempe/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota 4Runner
    If I were you, I would either tap the part that is bent with a hammer, or tap the bolt head with a hammer.

Products Discussed in

To Top